Turning Off Pending Status in Nova 2

Having a problem with your site? Post in here, and we'll see what we can do to help!
Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Turning Off Pending Status in Nova 2

Post by Thomas Smith » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Okay I have tried everything I can think of and have searched high and low. How do I set the writing center to allow people to post without me getting a pending mail notification in Nova 2? I know it has to be something extremely simple but I have to approve my own posts. That is absurd. Please help if you know the answer. I would love a walk through of the protocol for this function. Thank you

FruitLoop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Turning Off Pending Status in Nova 2

Post by FruitLoop » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 pm

It's something to do with the moderation controls. I don't remember what it is, though. Never used it. Sorry... :(

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 am

Can you be more specific?? Is it pending when someone tries to post or what??
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 am

Who all are you getting these Pending mail notifications from?? If its from all of the crew or just a few crew you need to go into ALL Characters and them go to the Admin tab and see if anything in the Moderation Section is clicked "Yes" if so you will need to click it to "No". Let me know if this fixes it.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Post by Thomas Smith » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm

Thank you all I believe that it is now fixed. All "Moderate" toggles were in the on posistion for all users. if it coninues now i will advise again this topic, I think we have this problem corrected. Amazing how words make more sense in the context in which they are intended. "Moderate" never tripped my memory as "to moderate" I guess I need to go back to school and learn verb conjugation in English again.

Thank you all who have helped me through this dilemma.

Return to “Website Helpdesk”