Help Required

Having a problem with your site? Post in here, and we'll see what we can do to help!
JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Help Required

Post by JasmineSomers » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:24 am

Greetings All

I need assistance with the USS Tomcat Nova Site as some things have gone wrong and try as I have, I cannot seem to get them sorted.

First off: I have all notifications checked and yet I do not recieve anything from the site, I have sent 2 Test mails adding my Char to them and I still get nothing.

Secondly: I have finally put up the Pegasus Fleet Links on my Sites menu, but they do not work and I have no idea way.

I have Emailed Confusedfire asking for his help, but I think his RL work is taking point at the moment, so I am asking for help from anyone who knows about Nova Sites than I do.

Thanks
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying

Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Re: Help Required

Post by Thomas Smith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 am

For your email issues, insure that your users are all set to "No" under the moderate section. You may have a ton of messages stacking up in your control panel under "Pending" Links are harder to explain, I kind of figured them out haphazardly. I will try to create a protocol that will make sense and post after I create it. I will be honest, I am no master I have fought through it over the course of the last month or so, but getting better everyday

Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Confusedfire » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:14 am

Sorry...between work, a puppy, and my wife not being home I haven't had much time to do a lot at the present moment. As for the link I think I know what your problem is...Make sure that the link says offsite not onsite, also copy/paste the entire link http://www.pegasusfleet.net and blah blah blah.

If that doesn't help please email me and I will think of something else.

EDIT --------------------------------------------

Scratch that...there are two fill in bubbles below the link that say offsite and onsite, make certain that offsite is selected this should fix the issue because what it is trying to do is connect to a link via your NOVA files and that link does not exist in your .php files anywhere thus it is considering it to be broken.
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Sweet the links are working now :)

Wish I could say the same for the Notifications bit, still not getting anything :(

Also where the hell is this "Pending"

Thanks
CHARACTERS

Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Post by Thomas Smith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 pm

"Pending" would show up in your control panel when you first log in. If the posts are pending it will show there on your screen in the window. That is how it works for me anyway. Sorry not more helpful. And the place to change it is under each user, yourself included on the admin tab. "Notifications" towards the bottom. They should be marked No so that posts go straight to lists. The pending feature is nice if you are concerned with someone releasing information in an untimely manner because as Administrator you have to authorize the release.

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:49 pm

All my Notifications are checked and I still get nothing, do not know if this is due to the site being moved to Google Docs by the person who initially oversees the System Files and such, but this is what I suspect has happened, the site hosting was moved and the notifications thing was turned off.

Problem here is I know nothing about the back end System Files of a Nova Site so I have not touched them in fear of messing them up again.

This is why I need help trying to sort it out.
CHARACTERS

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks to those who offered advice and help, the Notification link is now working again, so now the PF Menu Links are working and the Notifications are working and all is well with the world.

This Topic can be locked if needed and archived if required.
CHARACTERS

Return to “Website Helpdesk”