Hosting Housekeeping

Having a problem with your site? Post in here, and we'll see what we can do to help!
Williams
Admin
Admin

Hosting Housekeeping

Post by Williams » Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm

Everyone,

I've been doing some work on the server today to try and clean up our corner of the server. Any old sites that were hosted with us but have since closed down are being removed. I'm making sure to check to make sure that I don't accidentally remove any active sims (and I am certain that I am not) but in the off chance that you suddenly find troubles accessing your site, or the server starts reporting it is not there; come to me. I am taking a backup of everything before I remove it.

I've started doing this partly in light of our still on-going email issues which keep on cropping up now and then; in case a spam bot is filling unmonitored sites with spam applications. I'll also be looking into adding anti-spam measures to our IFS installation to make sure that we aren't getting excessive emails generated that way.

In light of ongoing efforts to identify the email issue, I need the following from you lovely people:

All COs with sites hosted by us to let me know and forward to webmaster@pegasusfleet.net any spam applications you get for your sims. Similarly, all COs to forward me any spam apps they get from the IFS.
All departments with sites capable of generating emails (e.g. forums, Nova installs, etc) to step up your monitoring of them and advise me of any spam applications or account creations.
Everyone with an @pegasusfleet.net email address to forward to me any spam email that you receive, especially if it is in large batches. I also need to know the exact times that you receive messages relating to our having exceeded our limit on sent emails - please include your timezone in this, as with our global nature, just a time on its own isn't much use to me.

Return to “Website Helpdesk”