Intrepid Class Question

General Discussion for R&D Matters

Moderator: Clement

Sengar Anjohl
Crewman
Crewman

Intrepid Class Question

Post by Sengar Anjohl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Not sure if I can post here or not, but since it is almost 10 years after Voyager returns, would I be able to get the armor that Voyager gets on my Intrepid ship?

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Intrepid Class Question

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

That's a valid question. That's probably a question that we'll need to bring up to the PFA. We have had some discussion in the past regarding Voyager tech, and I believe the official stance is that the information and technology would be classified to be studied by Starfleet engineers. That includes the armor as well as the QSD. Honestly, I think the QSD is more feasible since that was based on "present" technology. However, the PFA decided to not move forward with it. The prototype Vesta was to test the QSD, but the test failed, and the project put on hold for further investigation.

Regarding the armor, We don't actually see the armor appear in the original timeline until 2404. Nevermind the fact that Voyager brought it back in 2378, Temporal Affairs would likely fight with Starfleet Intelligence and the Starfleet Engineering Corps over its development. Even if Starfleet wins out and begins development, they would need to reverse engineer it first, then determine how to make it work on a large scale. I'm sure the Voyager was confiscated and decommissioned for removal of all the new technology. It may be some time before it will be implemented in the Fleet.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Sengar Anjohl
Crewman
Crewman

Re: Intrepid Class Question

Post by Sengar Anjohl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 am

Alexandra wrote:That's a valid question. That's probably a question that we'll need to bring up to the PFA. We have had some discussion in the past regarding Voyager tech, and I believe the official stance is that the information and technology would be classified to be studied by Starfleet engineers. That includes the armor as well as the QSD. Honestly, I think the QSD is more feasible since that was based on "present" technology. However, the PFA decided to not move forward with it. The prototype Vesta was to test the QSD, but the test failed, and the project put on hold for further investigation.

Regarding the armor, We don't actually see the armor appear in the original timeline until 2404. Nevermind the fact that Voyager brought it back in 2378, Temporal Affairs would likely fight with Starfleet Intelligence and the Starfleet Engineering Corps over its development. Even if Starfleet wins out and begins development, they would need to reverse engineer it first, then determine how to make it work on a large scale. I'm sure the Voyager was confiscated and decommissioned for removal of all the new technology. It may be some time before it will be implemented in the Fleet.

KK thanks for the info! :)

Return to “Starfleet Engineering Outer Office”