A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - September 2016

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:10 am

Hi everyone,

As many of you are probably aware, September is a big month for Star Trek. Yesterday, September 8, was the 50th anniversary of the airing of the first Star Trek episode. Since then, I think it's safe to say that we all know what that franchise has inspired, from multiple spin-offs shows, several films, countless books and games, and tons and tons of fan created content, our sims included. But not only that, Star Trek has inspired generations of young scientists and engineers to further our understanding of the universe and create new technology to better our lives. I know I for one credit Star Trek as one of my inspirations, fascinating me with tales of exploring strange new worlds, and in part inspiring me to pursue a career in engineering. I'm sure all of you have been influenced in some way by Star Trek, or else we wouldn't be here writing new stories in the Star Trek universe. It's been a crazy 50 years. Here's to the next 50!

It's been another busy month for the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty. Like the last couple of months, we have been working on ways that we can enhance the fleet and the simming experience for our players. Admiral Stannes has been working on an update to the courses for non-Trek simulations so that all of our games have the same knowledge set. Admiral Collins has been further developing ideas for the monthly IRC real time role playing session. There will likely be a separate announcement from her soon with details, but another project has been keeping her busy as well. We've also been working on making changes to the fleet task forces, which I will get into in a moment. The other general item for this month is that the posting requirement rule changes have been approved by the fleet commanding officers, and have gone into effect starting this month.

Before I get into the task force updates, we have two new sims joining us this month. First of all, Admiral Stannes has a new sim in our niche task group, Stargate Cataclysm. We also have a new CO, Commander D'arf of the USS Shepherd. Please give Commander D'arf a warm welcome!

As I mentioned before, we have some big changes coming to our task forces. As was discussed on the forums and in last month's monthly meeting, we have been considering reorganizing the fleet into three task forces and the niche task group, with each of group led by a task force commanding officer. After some great input from the fleet, we have determined the locations of the new task forces. We have also reviewed applications from several of our commanding officers for the positions of TFCO, and have selected our newest members of the Pegasus Fleet staff. All of the task force commanding officers will report to Admiral Gates in the PF chain of command.

The new task forces and corresponding TFCOs are as follows:

Task Force 11 (Galactic South) - Captain Devinona Ral (Captain Calvin Rhodes, USS London)
Task Force 37 (Delta Quadrant) - Captain Taylor Wood (Allyson Isley, Oberon Base)
Task Force 56 (Northern Frontier) - Captain Alexis Applewood (USS Icarus)

We have also renamed the niche task group, formerly known as Warehouse 13, to Division 74. Kitty (aka Admiral Stannes and Air Force Captain Bobbi Jo Wichdt, CO Stargate Cataclysm) will be serving as acting D74CO. Congratulations to all of our new TFCOs!

Over the course of the next month, the new TFCOs will be preparing for their new roles before the task forces officially launch. In that time, they will be working with Admiral Gates and becoming comfortable with Fleet processes. During this time they will also be getting to work developing story arcs for their task forces. We have also reached out to the rest of the Fleet's commanding officers to determine each sim's preferences for their new task force. Until the new task forces have launched, the chain of command for Task Force 11 will continue to operate as it has up until this point.

We will be discussing these points as well as opening the floor to the members of the Fleet for general discussion at our monthly meeting, which will be held this Sunday, September 11, starting at 7:00 pm UTC. This time can be found on the main Fleet site for reference. It will be held in the #PegasusFleet channel on the AceIRC server. This channel can be accessed through any IRC client, as well as the built-in client on the Pegasus Fleet site, as found here. The meeting is open to all current and prospective members of Pegasus Fleet. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, October 9.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”