NPC Ships

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Sengar Anjohl
Crewman
Crewman

NPC Ships

Post by Sengar Anjohl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 am

Are there any rules on NPC ships? I want to bring one in eventually and I just need to know if there are any restrictions.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: NPC Ships

Post by Alex » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:22 pm

From an R&D perspective, I don't think there are any concerns as long as you follow the approved specifications. If you have a new class of ship that you would like to bring in for that mission, you can submit some information to me for approval. If you have a new class that you would like to propose we add to the official list, then we would need to submit the specs to the forum for approval from the Fleet.

Generally though, as long as you follow approved specs and don't add an NPC ship with super weapons or something like that, I don't think there is a problem.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Sengar Anjohl
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Sengar Anjohl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Ok cool thanks. Yeah it's just a small Sabre class that I will most likely use most of the time.

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Just so long as you don't blow up one of our actual Sabre class ships ;)

But yeah, aside from the R&D bit above, the general rule with NPC ships is to try and not blow up/damage/seriously impact the life or reputation of a ship that exists in the IFS - especially one of our currently active ships, though it's generally best to avoid the open for command ones too, just in case a CO comes along for it and then finds out that you got it stuck inside a volcano or something

Sengar Anjohl
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Sengar Anjohl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:19 pm

kk lol :) The USS Draco isn't taken is it?

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Nope.

In fact, you can find a list of most (there are some recent things that haven't been added yet) of the ships that we've got set up here: http://wiki.pegasusfleet.net/index.php? ... _Starships

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”