2nd Characters/PNPCs

Have a question? Ask here, and a member of the staff will do their best to answer it for you!
Confusedfire
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2nd Characters/PNPCs

Post by Confusedfire » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah I was part of that same sim that she is refering to and it was one of the biggest reasons that I left.
Captain Neela Izal
Commanding Officer TF37
Commanding Officer SB-812

"Spot this is down...down is good!"

- LCDR Data

Constantine
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2nd Characters/PNPCs

Post by Constantine » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am

To avoid any confusion in the future, Article III, Section 1, Para 8 of our constitution states:

"A player in PF is allowed to be an active member of no more than 5 sims across PF. At the discretion of the CO, a player may control or 'own' secondary characters or "PNPCs" on the sim, but the player must designate which is his primary character for the purposes of promotions, awards, and sim reports. PNPCs are not to be included in the sim's IFS manifest, and are not to be included in the CO's monthly report. A player may only have one primary character on each sim they are on."

A primary character always takes precedence over a secondary and PNPC's cannot be added to IFS so such positions would be open in IFS and as such your sim manifest. Discrepancies in the IFS and your sim manifest only hurt your recruitment for your sim as it is a tool to help you, if it is tampered with then it is only hurting your sim, we don't tell you to upkeep them because it helps us, we do it because it helps you.

Personally I avoid giving PNPC's top positions. At most I will give them the Asst. spot and make them acting chief so that IF a player should wish to apply for that position, it is still open whilst if you require someone to write in that dept and run in while it is vacant you still can.

Making the fleet look bad is a consequence that could arise from such an occurrence, but it is not the primary reason such an action should be avoided. Pushing a prospective player away from your sim over someone who already has an active character can cause a ripple effect and push future players away through word of mouth. Such a mentality would project your sim to be a "clique" which only a select few could be part of. Recruitment for something like that would be near impossible.

Return to “Questions for PF Staff”