Missions and Plots

General discussion area for all sims in Task Force 11

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Stern » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Alexandra wrote:I want to sing some praises for Starbase 332. We only had seven posts last month, but that's not bad with the holidays. This month I'm excited to say that we already have five posts that have been activated. I think we're moving in a great direction, and I'd like to offer kudos to our crew and to a number of new members for hitting the ground running.

Since the sim is based on a starbase, we have a bit of a different situation than the ship-based sims. We have so many personnel from so many different departments that it's hard to include everyone in everything without some straining. That's why we're implementing a slightly revised system. Instead of missions being episodic, like with most sims, we're going to do them based on rolling arcs. That means that we'll have the main plot that centers on the primary story arc, which for us, is the Sojourner Crisis. Meanwhile, there will be a number of sub-missions that are taking place concurrently. These sub-missions will have their own mission titles and will be more or less separately contained plots. I'm opening it up to my crew to suggest ideas of missions they'd like to do, and then let them ask for volunteers to join them. I hope that it will really open up our options for story telling. The station is a very large place, and there are a lot of things going on at any given time. Early response has been good from the crew, so I'm excited to see where it goes.
That's awesome, and I have to admit to a bit of excitement myself in regards to getting active in the story, both with my main character and my NPC. I have to say, waking up this morning to a flood of emails just from the Starbase was a pleasant thing indeed.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:40 am

The USS Tachibana is currently in drydock orbiting Cestus III awaiting crew.

After everything gets settled the Tachi will encounter a spatial phenomenon that will sling them into another galaxy.

Many New species could be coming soon.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Fallon
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Fallon » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:38 pm

The Tokyo just arrived at the asteroid field where we'll be running our shakedown. Shortly after launch we had an explosion in one of our science labs, which gives us a lead in for a possible recurring bad guy. It was caused by an unknown individual who managed to avoid detection and the only person who did see him was caught in the explosion and could be waved off as seeing things due to a concussion. We'll have a few minor glitches with the systems testing, mainly failing relays and conduits. Our next big mishap will be when we test the Multi Vector Assault Mode. The ship won't reassemble properly at the conclusion of the test. With a touch of luck we can have that wrapped up by the end of the month and get on to bigger and better missions.

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:49 pm

As taken from the Cestus News Service:
As regular readers of the Cestus News Service will know, the Klingon Empire and the Gorn Hegemony have been in a virtual state of cold war with each other for the past few years, and Starfleet has assigned a number of ships to the region between these two powers in order to help preserve the peace.

We bring you news today that one of these vessels, the Starship Endeavour has been lost in this region, and that her captain is believed to have been aboard the vessel at the time of its destruction.

The USS Endeavour was assigned to the buffer region between the Klingon and Gorn empires in order to prevent two of the most aggressive species this side of the Gamma Quadrant from firing shots at each other which would open up all-out war between the two races. The vessel's demise however, was not by the actions of either of these powers, but by the actions of a race which we in the Federation have long learnt to fear. The Borg.

Preliminary analysis conducted by the Endeavour's crew show that the Cube which attacked the private research station Hyperion, attempted to assimilate members of the ship's crew and was ultimately the cause that led to the ship's destruction was not acting in collaboration with the Borg Collective. Starfleet analysts tell us that it appears the Vice Admiral Janeway's pathogen, introduced to the Borg Unicomplex during the USS Voyager's dramatic return home twelve years ago was successful in disrupting the link that binds all Borg together in one Galactic Collective, as this Cube was incapable of establishing a Collective larger than the vessel itself.

So whilst there is comforting news for the denizens of the Federation and our neighbours, the news is not so pleasant for the crew of the Endeavour, and the family of Captain Byrne, who leaves behind a widow, a son, a brother, two sisters and his parents. The Cestus News Service believes that Mrs Byrne and her son have moved back to the family's home on Earth, and Lieutenant Commander Thomas Byrne, currently on leave from his duties in the Eleventh Fleet, has requested that his family's privacy is respected in this most trying of times.
After three months of Counselling at the 11th Fleet complex on Cestus III, the former crew of the Endeavour have found a new home, onboard the USS Highlander under Captain Tim Williams

Return to “Task Force 11 General Discussions”