Missions and Plots

General discussion area for all sims in Task Force 11

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Mike
Admin
Admin

Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:48 pm

Stern, that looks incredible! What a mission plan and- for all its cheese factor- what an awesome mission image. That's going to be a great mission and the Nimitz is clearly in great hands. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Jaydyn Reid

Post by Jaydyn Reid » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:42 pm

I just got command of the Vancouver, so I am still working on my first mission. It is going to be cool though! (insert suspenseful music) lol

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Stern » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Gunning wrote:Stern, that looks incredible! What a mission plan and- for all its cheese factor- what an awesome mission image. That's going to be a great mission and the Nimitz is clearly in great hands. :)
Thanks! I am interested to see how things go myself, I think it'll be good if people get motivated.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Alex » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Stern wrote:Thanks! I am interested to see how things go myself, I think it'll be good if people get motivated.
I know I've been a little quiet this week, but I plan to get caught up tonight. But I am curious if you have any ideas for engineering. If not, I'll just have to make some stuff up, maybe antagonize Mord'Vig.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Stern » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:21 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Stern wrote:Thanks! I am interested to see how things go myself, I think it'll be good if people get motivated.
I know I've been a little quiet this week, but I plan to get caught up tonight. But I am curious if you have any ideas for engineering. If not, I'll just have to make some stuff up, maybe antagonize Mord'Vig.
I do; it is my goal to make sure that every department has something going on. I recognize that sometimes that is a really tall bill, but I dislike having anyone being left out of what is going on. Alana is going to have a lot to do, and as we start to get more active I am going to begin sending IM's to each player with ideas.

Also....

Starbase Zeta

Pegasus Fleet

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Re: Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Alex » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Stern wrote:I do; it is my goal to make sure that every department has something going on. I recognize that sometimes that is a really tall bill, but I dislike having anyone being left out of what is going on. Alana is going to have a lot to do, and as we start to get more active I am going to begin sending IM's to each player with ideas.
The bridge is awfully far away from main engineering. I'm just making sure that you didn't forget about me, haha.
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Re: Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Stern » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Alexandra wrote:
Stern wrote:I do; it is my goal to make sure that every department has something going on. I recognize that sometimes that is a really tall bill, but I dislike having anyone being left out of what is going on. Alana is going to have a lot to do, and as we start to get more active I am going to begin sending IM's to each player with ideas.
The bridge is awfully far away from main engineering. I'm just making sure that you didn't forget about me, haha.
Ha, as if!

Also....

Starbase Zeta

Pegasus Fleet

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:23 am

Terris wrote:Now that is interesting. I want to see that post once its finished.
Part 1 of the plot has just had its final post completed - the entire mission can be read here; http://endeavour.pegasusfleet.net/nova/ ... ions/id/12 :)

Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Post by Thomas Smith » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:30 am

On Viper we have three parallel plots happening at the same time. At the conclusion of our last mission we discovered a sub group of the Sojourners we call them a Borg Cult. They have stabilized an Omega Particle and worship it. The theory is that the Sojourners are assisting the Borg Cult with research and expensive equipment in trade for infiltration into the Federation. The is Big Picture. I have the Sojourner/Federation relationship set very much like the Cold War of the 80s and 90s. So Viper and Intelligence ship is constantly discovering new stuff about the Sojourners and dealing with it. Recently we discovered a bio weapon that was designed from the waste product of the Omega stabilization that wiped out many people on Archanis Colony. We prevented the same particle radiation from being utilized on Starbase 14 but discovered that the Borg Cult existed and that they have developed free thinking Borg committed to worshiping the Particle, Perfection they call it. Many reclaimed Borg have felt led to go back into this cult and worship, something that is affecting them from deep within inspired by the dream Picard has in First Contact.

Okay so what are the Vipers doing? We are "Home for the Holidays" This was a mission for my orphan crew who have all this dark scary background to meet our XO Commander Vivienne Juul's Family which is extensive and warm and loving. Her father is an ambassador for the federation her mom runs a hospital on Earth in the Rocky Mountains. In our last mission the Viper took severe structural damage in an attack by Sojourner operatives who fought in a 150 year Romulan Bird of Prey. We captured that ship and made it our own. We dedicated one sub mission to this activity some low ranking NPCs we have are currently on the SSV (Sojourner Space Vessel) Caracara. They have hidden that ship in a cave deep in a moon near the Sojourner border and an undiscovered small planet we currently call "Mysterious Planet X" It is our hope to develop a forward operations center on this planet with a small base and training facilities so we have somewhere to go that is not thrity days away at maximum warp (Earth) it will also allow us to stage various missions and special equipment. The small group of NPCs are watching sensors that are checking the planet for life etc and dangerous things are happening there as my players have decided to run a sort of Alien vs Predator type hunter world on the planet that we did not know about. So that is fun and growing, we call this plot "Home for the Holidays: Caracara"

The USS Viper is being rebuilt, secretly at Utopia Planetia. "Home for the Holidays: Utopia Planetia" has a second set of NPCs who are commissioned to watch over the repairs and activities at Utopia Planetia while the ship is beign repaired. Again these are allow ranking NPCs who are a skeleton crew charged with keeping spies off the Viper and maintaining a low profile, they are failing miserably as we took on a pet in our first mission, a six legged lizard and its offspring that were burrowed into the Viper when it was handed over to Smith and the Intel department having spent ten years crashed on a jungle world after the dominion war. It was dirty and barely functional when we got her but she will be better after this refit we are going through. The lizard projects a psionic image of fear and attack that manifests itself on its threats. It is a herbivore but makes its enemies believe that they are under viscous attack. This is funny because people go to the medical staff screaming and the doctor cannot see any injuries. On Utopia Planetia the creature, named Fluffy and Fluffy Jr got off the ship and terrorized the promenade projecting images of Godzilla as it tore through the promenade scaring people. A hoot.

"Home for the Holidays: Earth" is the main plot line where the PCs are currently required to post weekly, other subplots are not mandatory. In this plot the Juul family is hosting us at their Rocky Mountain Estate, it is awesome and everyone was having fun hiking and spelunking and getting to know one another as people not just co workers. But, the Sojourners were there already, they had penetrated Ambassador Juul's staff and security and have been operating a clandestine listening post from the Rockies for months, prior to the Viper's arrival. Now they have captured Captain Smith and Commander Juul during a dinner party and are about to aggressively question them. The crew remaining all lower ranking officers have the challenge of saving their commend staff (or they could leave them behind I guess) and expose the Sojourner listening post for what it is and disable it. From this mission the PCs will learn of a listening post that is near Mysterious Planet X that will become the next mission, "The Sounds of Silence" where the crew will discover and infiltrate the listening post as religious zealots on a planet that has been set aside for this purpose behind the Sojourner lines and carries a deep ancient secret of the Sojourners and why they are the way they are. It will also reveal the location of a secreted bio/chemical warfare facility that will have to be infiltrated and eliminated without detection as that would likely spark a full fledged war...

Wow okay there you go play with it all you want. I like SB 332 as our go to place we need a hub and a place to come be with one another. I believe it would help us develop some of this subplot stuff on the Sojourners as well. It is so vague and I believe part of our issue. When Players cannot understand the enemy they face it is hard to get into the game, one thing I have always feared about Pegasus Fleet is that the Galactic South has no cannon markers we can go look at. The enemy are not understood, so I am creating back story as I go for the Sojourners the best that I can their motivations their reasoning faith, etc. They need to be real to the players so that they can interact. When you say Klingon in a simm everyone conjures an image and you can play with it as you write. A compassionate Klingon would raise eyebrows. But when I say Sojourner, it means nothing. When I say SuperBorg, my character all freak out instantly cause every time they have met one it has been this super guy they have trouble defeating. They haven't even met a techy one yet poor bastards. Because we do not fight standardized Federations enemies and interact with standardized federation species etc we find it hard to write and keep interest, part of why I went home and part of why I introduced a Romulan ship in my game, why is it here, what does it mean how will it play out keeps my people thinking ahead and asking stuff when the plot slows. I am going to put Romulans on the faith world and let my players meet them, in this way we can work together or fight or both or whatever but it will be a common race that they can react to in ways that seem right.

Okay enough from me keep the thread going sorry to bore you.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:13 pm

I want to sing some praises for Starbase 332. We only had seven posts last month, but that's not bad with the holidays. This month I'm excited to say that we already have five posts that have been activated. I think we're moving in a great direction, and I'd like to offer kudos to our crew and to a number of new members for hitting the ground running.

Since the sim is based on a starbase, we have a bit of a different situation than the ship-based sims. We have so many personnel from so many different departments that it's hard to include everyone in everything without some straining. That's why we're implementing a slightly revised system. Instead of missions being episodic, like with most sims, we're going to do them based on rolling arcs. That means that we'll have the main plot that centers on the primary story arc, which for us, is the Sojourner Crisis. Meanwhile, there will be a number of sub-missions that are taking place concurrently. These sub-missions will have their own mission titles and will be more or less separately contained plots. I'm opening it up to my crew to suggest ideas of missions they'd like to do, and then let them ask for volunteers to join them. I hope that it will really open up our options for story telling. The station is a very large place, and there are a lot of things going on at any given time. Early response has been good from the crew, so I'm excited to see where it goes.
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Task Force 11 General Discussions”