General discussion area for all sims in Task Force 11

Moderators: Amethyst, JasmineSomers

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Missions and Plots

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi guys!

I'd like to get a thread going to talk about our current missions and plots. Let's start talking amongst ourselves to help inspire and motivate one another to play a little harder! Keep an eye out for plots that can be integrated together, as well! You don't necessarily have to do a JM, but having two SIMs following a similar storyline can be really fun! So what's everyone doing?

The Nicholson is still pursuing a rogue Romulan Warlord. Most recently, they've infiltrated a black market on Ferenginar. Everything was fine, until some of the Warlord's operatives showed up and killed off the informant that Joe was interrogating. Now they're trying to get off planet, while avoiding Ferengi law enforcement and black market thugs who are none too happy about any commotion.

What's going on in your side of the verse?!

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Missions and Plots

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Life is still trying to get back to normal one month after the attacks on Starbase 332. Captain Gunning is dead and a somewhat reluctant Liarra Von is now in command.

I'm wanting to really push side plots, so there will probably be a lot going on back at the station while some of the senior staff take on a diplomatic mission, but more on that in a moment. The three main side plots coming up are the continued repair efforts by the engineering teams, investigations into an alleged smuggler operating out of the station, and the search for the individual that set the bomb on the station.

As for the next main mission, Captain Von and the Carthage will be travelling to the capital of the Myaz Sovereignty. This will be a diplomatic mission. The Sojourners are looking to expand their influence, and Starfleet wants to win the Myaz over first. Tensions will run high while the two envoys face off. Will Liarra be able to resist her urge to open fire on the Sojourners? Will Starfleet be able to win the support if the Myaz? These questions and maybe more will be answered in the next mission.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Stern » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Well, since I just took command of the Nimitz...

I think the first thing is going to be wrapping up our unfinished plot. As far as for a main plot, I actually do have an idea. I was working towards creating another sim, which I am putting on temporary hold, so I may hijack some of the early plot elements of that particular sim.

I don't want to share too much about it here, as I do tend to like things to be something of a surprise for my players, but it involves heading closer to Bajoran space, as well as an extremely deadly virus that I created specifically for a character-driven plot. This virus was weaponized by a rogue Intelligence Admiral, who was going to sell it to a group of Klingons, but that never transpired. Stern, my character from the Sedgemoor, is, however, infected with the virus.

Beyond that, I am going to spend some time this weekend trying to take the reigns and develop the plot out a little more. I wanted to work on it sooner, but there's a lot going on.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Williams
Admin
Admin

Missions and Plots

Post by Williams » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Well the Endeavour is currently on its final mission before our change of class, name and (IC) captain. Presently we are dealing with a single cube dubbed the Borg Remnant - cut off from what remains of the collective after the events in VOY: Endgame, the cube has had to make do with what it has, and has been using scrap parts from salvaged ships to repair its damage like patch jobs. It reveals itself to the crew whilst they are responding to a distress call at a private research facility, who report they have lost contact with a prototype vessel running a new, more powerful engine design. The Cube it is revealed has captured the prototype and is working on integrating the new engine into its own systems to get back to the collective, and in the first attempt to destroy the cube and the prototype both, Captain Byrne and his chief engineer both ended up assimilated.

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Now that is interesting. I want to aee that post once its finished.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Joe_Rhimer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Wow! Sounds like a lot of great plots running right now guys! Hey Emily, if you're up for it, I may have the Nicholson dock with SB332 after our upcoming mission. She's going to need a looooooong list of repairs lol

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Absolutely. That's why we wanted SB332 to be a hub. If we do, let's do a post between Rhimer and Von. I'm not on the Nicholson, but you can always post a copy of it on your ship too.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

tarinzix
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by tarinzix » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Right now, the Sphinx is preparing for its launch, but first we're dealing with a two-fold problem. The first is a temporal anomaly which has been causing crew members from various eras to disappear from their native times, and then reappear at different points. The second part is we're chasing a crew member whose a clairvoyant and wanted by Starfleet Intelligence, whom want to study and use her abilities. The whole thing about her powers, is that they stem from the temporal anomaly that's been pulling people out of their own respective times. The only difference, is that while others have been lead away from the ship, the Sphinx has been leading her, along with the crew, to the ship.

This is all leading up to our first full mission, where the ship will be tossed all the way to micro-satellite galaxy by a device with uses temporal fields as a way of teleporting vessels across vast distances. The device itself is an artifact left over from an ancient civilization that pre-dates the Iconian Empire, and perhaps even farther, but is destroyed upon our return.
"...In the end, there is no such thing as good and evil, right and wrong. But that is something that we cannot truly understand, until the moment of our death. It's the moment when everything that we know about creation and creations of our own making, are all finally understood."

Joe_Rhimer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 am

@Emily: Definitely! I was going to reach out to you about that anyway! It should be fun :)

@Tarinzix: Never before has one post existed with more treknobable than this post. I COMMEND YOU! :D Sound like a lot of fun!

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Stern » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:59 am

Since we are talking plots, I just wrote up a little mission blurb for the ship on our next mission, titled "The Enemy Within." I think Andorzai had a different direction for it, but we never really talked about it for very long, and I decided to go a different direction and go with what I know. I also did an absolute trash graphic for it which I threw together in all of ten minutes, lol. I wanted to get a lot more artsy/fancy with it, but I am terribly rusty with photoshop, so this is what you get;

"We are not born with fear, nor are we born with courage. Courage is earned; fear is contracted." As Captain Andorzai steps off of the stage, command falls to Commander Diagoras, a man with no ambition for command. Uncertain of his own ability, he has to find a way to bridge his own emotional gaps and work together with his crew, as well as face a new darkness spreading across the Demilitarized Zone.

--

The Enemy Within is a two-fold story; the first portion of the story deals with Commander Diagoras and his uncertainty in command. A competent officer, he struggles with hidden insecurities, which plague him. Fears begin to break through his hardened surface. Fears that destroy his ambitions, his confidence, and eventually his new command. Fears that leave him indecisive in the most critical of times. Despite this, Diagoras has a competent and reliable crew, and he will have to rely on them even as he tries to find his own footing.

The second half of the story focuses on a distress call from an old friend of Diagoras; Commander Ibraham Stern. Stern is an intelligence officer with his own dark secret; a deadly weaponized virus known as Kvilla, named after a scientist that discovered and uncovered much of its secrets, is beginning to spread through the demilitarized zone. Stern himself is infected, dying.

The Nimitz will face this darkness head on. Is Stern trying to stop the virus, or is he the cause?

--

This plot will focus in on multiple characters. Sharpe will face many dangerous situations, while characters like the Counselor and the Chaplain will find themselves in deep conversation with the Captain, as he comes to rely on them more and more.

The Doctor and Chief Science Officer will spend much of the plot uncovering the virus itself, and, working together with a young scientist named Elizabeth Heyworth, attempt to find a cure for both Stern and those others who have become infected.

Our Chief Engineer will have her hands full finishing the refit shake-down that was never completed, as well as keeping the ship running as she faces against dangerous foes.

Our Intelligence Officer will coordinate with Stern and find out what he knows, even if Stern is unwilling to share.

Bubbles will do her best not to crash the ship.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Return to “Task Force 11 General Discussions”