USS Highlander in need of Senior Officers!

For Pegasus Fleet Simms Only!
Need crew for your ship or station? Here's somewhere you can advertise!
Please, no one-line ads in here.
Williams
Admin
Admin

USS Highlander in need of Senior Officers!

Post by Williams » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:14 pm

The USS Highlander has just finished its last mission, which has allowed us to finally retire off some of the characters of previous players who we had kept on the manifest for story continuity. The great thing is, this now means that we have a number of open positions to fill as we prepare for our first assignment to the Delta Quadrant!

The most critical of these positions is the much-coveted Chief of Security spot. While all of the usual job requirements apply (as in, the character needs to have been trained for security, be old enough to be out of diapers, and have enough job experience for the role to be realistic), I do tend to have a couple of preferences for characters for this position; the first, is that their biography must be written well. It is a very critical position on any sim, and also a very popular one, so I have high standards for anyone who applies for it, and the biography quality is a strong indicator of writing style and ability. The second is that I tend to prefer my security chiefs to be fairly seasoned in their roles, so characters will typically be from full Lieutenant to Lieutenant Commanders (dependent on biography quality). Anyone who is interested in applying, our application form can be found here: https://highlander.pegasusfleet.net/nova/main/join/16

The other senior officer position we have is that of the Chief Helmsman. While I obviously prefer the biography for characters for this position to be written well, I have fewer preferences for the type of character here, as the role can fit a wide array of characters and experience levels. The one thing I will say about this position is that although you're likely to be included in a lot of mission JPs, the role doesn't tend to give you a whole lot to do on your own, so writers should bring a character that they can write with outside of their main job on the bridge a lot - so think of hobbies, other jobs they might dabble in on the side, extra skills they might have that would make them useful in non-piloting situation, a proclivity for wanting to join in on away missions and so on. The application form for this one can be found here: https://highlander.pegasusfleet.net/nova/main/join/10

We do also have openings in all of our junior officer positions for those of you interested in playing someone a little more out of the limelight (be warned that these positions tend to require you to be very proactive in your own posting). We also have a number of positions that are either secondary positions on the ship (such as Diplomatic Officer, which on the Highlander is a secondary job taken on in addition to a character's full-time role, in the same way as Deanna Troi was both Counsellor and Diplomatic Officer on the Enterprise and Titan) or more unique positions that have been thought up for our manifest (such as a Media Relations Officer, who is responsible for dealing with the media in regards to their ship, and briefing the command staff on any relevant media reports going around on each day). If you're interested in any of our junior officer or enlisted roles, you can go to the general-purpose application form here: https://highlander.pegasusfleet.net/nova/main/join

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: USS Highlander in need of Senior Officers!

Post by Williams » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:28 pm

The Highlander has got its helmsman, but we still need a new chief of security! Do you have what it takes to run security on a ship run by a captain whose first instinct when he sees a big red button is to press it, just to see what it does? Or to go running down a dangerous cavern just because it might look interesting? Or for that matter start reconfiguring the ship's systems because he's bored? Apply now: https://highlander.pegasusfleet.net/nova/main/join/16

Return to “Ships Seeking Crew”