Getting to Know You...

New to the fleet? Come on in and say hi!
Mike
Admin
Admin

Getting to Know You...

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:38 pm

I know there's plenty of introduction threads and whatnot but I wanted to kick one off so that you could get to know the PFA. There's a lot of work going on in the background but I wanted everyone to know that my "door" is always open if you guys ever have any questions.

So I guess, here's the first potentially wildly uninteresting installment of my autobiography.

My name's Mike, I'm 26, I'm Scottish which is why I tend to reply to emails at fairly odd times. I've been simming for around 7 years (I think). I actually started on that old 3D chat thing, IMVU which is where I met Alex (Vice Admiral Quinn). All of that was a bit ridiculous though and I was only ever logging in to check posts on boards which weren't designed for posting in that style.

So I moved on- I joined a couple of sims in Obsidian for a wee while and found my feet in the simming world proper. It's amazing how many of those people I still speak to on a daily basis but that's one of the things about this hobby I suppose. From there I went to Horizon which was where I had my first CO role on the Carthage and I eventually stumbled my way into Pegasus Fleet.

I became CO of the Defiant-class Jackal and thought, "Hey, I'd love a wee sim where you can control the numbers and get some really quality writers to come in and run it like a wee democracy" but we all found the surrounds and confines of that class a bit stifling on one of those ships. It felt a bit difficult to go and do a sciencey mission for example so you were always just waiting to shoot something.

That was when we decided it would be fun to try a Starbase and 332 really took off. I had to leave for personal reasons a few years ago but Alex has done a great job ever since and I'm back on there now and it's a really nice way to sim- plenty of freedom for mini-missions and stuff like that.

I guess that pretty much brings us up to date minus a few other stops along the way. I'm currently on 332, Highlander, Discovery and thoroughly enjoying them. I've just joined up on the Astraeus Project as a sort of historian character so I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into that.

So what's your story? I'd love to find out more about you.
ImageImageImageImage

Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Getting to Know You...

Post by Treymiar » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:56 am

I started out in Obsidian, somewhere late '07, early 08.
Eventually, I CO'd USS Yorktown. Luv'd it.
Then, along came JJ Abrams... yeah.
OF split bitterly over dictated canon and I left to never return.

Horizon Fleet, Bravo Fleet, then Pegasus.

I also enjoyed a Battlestar simm (Anubis) until JConserv servers suddenly went offline without warning. The admins just turned off the lights and walked off. JConserv used to be a forum giant, one of the leaders.

I'd like to CO again, but not immediately. RL ain't gonna allow that, just yet.

- PSF

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Getting to Know You...

Post by Stern » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:41 pm

I've been simming a lot longer than I'd like to admit. I started off in a fleet called UIP, which was something of an offshoot from UCIP, which I also simmed in. I've played in BravoFleet as well, but not for many years. In the fleets that I have been part of, since first joining I've run a total of 5 sims over the years, and been part of the leadership of several different fleets.

From there I got out of the game for a few years, but an old friend asked me to join his, and his just happened to be in Pegasus Fleet. After he closed that sim down I just kind of stuck around. Now I am in charge of Research and Development.

Outside of the general play, I also make avatars, and though I am not necessarily the quickest, I do tend to try and make them look as good as I can. I'll be honest, I hate making them for the most part, but I love having them, and I always hated asking my friends to make them for me, so eventually I just started making them myself.

When it comes to play, I care a lot about the story. I'm just as likely to come up with my own side plots as I am to be involved in the main story, and while my posting isn't always as frequent as I'd like to be, I try to write quality pieces every time I put a log out. I really enjoy the storytelling aspect, and sharing ideas with other people.

Beyond that... In real life I work fulltime from home for a company I have been with for way too long. Prior to that I was in the military, and I'm currently in school working towards my teaching/history degrees. I'm also a father of a 3 year old. So there's that.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Return to “Introductions”