Which Era?

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!

Which era would you RP in, other than the post-Nemesis?

Enterprise
7%
Founding of the Federation (Post-Enterprise)
36%
The Original Series
7%
TOS Movies (During or Post)
No votes
The Next Generation (inc. DS9 + VOY)
21%
Future
7%
NuTrek
21%

Total votes: 14

Williams
Admin
Admin

Which Era?

Post by Williams » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 pm

OK all, so this is purely out of curiosity for my own sake, but I was wondering.... if you could choose one other Era of Star Trek to roleplay in, other than the primary one in which Pegasus Fleet, and most of the other fleets out there operate, which would it be, and why?

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Which Era?

Post by Williams » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:33 pm

I chose the Founding of the Federation era one, though a future era, if done right, also piques my interest. For me, the FotF era is an untouched realm of possibilities, but with plenty of stuff either side to build great stories out of. Plus of late I've really come to like the Enterprise NX-class and Starfleet uniforms, and the overall feel of 'NASA with guns' that Starfleet had back then :P

Mike
Admin
Admin

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:18 pm

I suppose I'd go for the Founding of the Federation as well. I think it would be interesting to see the way it was done and the way orders were disseminated etc.
ImageImageImageImage

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I've actually always been curious to know what happened during the Earth-Romulan War. I was a little disappointed that we never saw that part of Federation history on Enterprise. That would be before the founding of the Federation, but it would still be in that same general period of time.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Mikoto Misaka
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Mikoto Misaka » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Well I would choose the founding of the Federation aswell. Plus I wouldn't mind knowing how the famous ship classes such as the Original Constitution Class came around and the prototypes that came before. There's a huge gap between Enterprise and The Original Series which I think needs to be filled, its something like 100 years right?
Captain Mikoto Misaka
Commanding Officer
USS Ermiana

Spooky
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Spooky » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:41 am

While I voted awhile ago, I felt I should explain, since I'm apparently alone :P

I chose Enterprise.

Why??? I hear you all asking. Yes, the ships were slow. Yes, it's before Kirk. Yes, it's earth taking its first steps into a brave, new world. But isn't that the fun? Go back to Enterprise, and you get almost a clean slate. No Dominion War to hamper the Cardy's, no Hobus star for the Romulans... no Romulans full stop! It is the true pioneer explorers. Forging ahead on guts, instinct, and the desire to learn.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I don't think that you are as alone as you think you are. The rest of us would love to see the early days of the Federation, which is really just post-Enterprise. I agree with you, those early days of exploration would be an exciting time. I think the only reason most of us are voting more for post-founding is that it's a period of Star Trek "history" that hasn't really been covered before.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Mikoto Misaka
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Mikoto Misaka » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing those NX-Class Refits in action. They look like an early consitution class and look pretty awesome! :)
Captain Mikoto Misaka
Commanding Officer
USS Ermiana

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Urgh, if you're talking about the NX 'Refit' mesh images that I think you are, then they're ugly. The ones I'm thinking of are essentially an NX saucer and nacelles kitbashed onto a Connie engineering section. Looks completely obvious and in my view hideous =/ Any NX-Refit should retain the same basic design principles, but incorporate newer technologies from the other races, such as the tractor beams etc.

Mikoto Misaka
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Mikoto Misaka » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 pm

It does look like a kit-bash I suppose. But then, Starfleet might have replaced all the technology inside it aswell. Plus, the engineering section led to a rear-facing shuttlebay which might be better for larger shuttles. I, however do agree it could have been better designed. The impulse engines look out of place, and do do the nacelles.
Captain Mikoto Misaka
Commanding Officer
USS Ermiana

Return to “General Discussion”