Education!

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Mikoto Misaka
Crewman
Crewman

Education!

Post by Mikoto Misaka » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Hello all. I thought I'd just ask your opinions on the rise of studen't fee's in 2011/2012. Basically, I'm going to try and get into University next year and I'm not looking forward to the £9000 a year tutions fee's! Plus, I've also just found out that College's level 3 course such as the one I'm on next year will not be worth any A-levels or points for university. However they want everyone to stay in education until they're 18?

So, basically the way I see it is that students are forced to stay in education until the ages of 18. They can't earn any A level points from college's anymore and can't go to university because of that and will have to pay 9K a year just to even go. Am I the only one here who thinks this will never work and that the UK Education System is currently messed up?
Captain Mikoto Misaka
Commanding Officer
USS Ermiana

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Education!

Post by Williams » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:08 pm

The UK Education System has been messed up since government started playing about with it and assuming complete control on a minister-by-minister basis. The system's gotten progressively worse over recent decades, and this is just another step, in my opinion.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Education!

Post by Alex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 am

I certainly can't speak towards the UK education system, but in the United States, tuition costs are still ridiculous. I'm finally out of school, but I'm going to be in debt for half of my life while I pay off my student loans. I'm just lucky that I've got a decent job and am bringing in a pretty decent pay check.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “General Discussion”