Fleet Wiki

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Williams
Admin
Admin

Fleet Wiki

Post by Williams » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 am

OK, here's a question for all of you, and I want as many of you to answer it as you can, regardless of to what level you make use of the wiki currently.

What information would you like to see/like to see more of on the Wiki?
What information would you like us to make more prominent and easy to find on the wiki?
What information do you think just gets in the way (if any) and should be forgotten about on the wiki?

I'm just trying to get a gauge on what it is the average potential user of our wiki wants; it is all well and good for me as someone who enjoys editing it to go up and post all sorts of stuff that I think is cool, and make that stuff easy to find, but it is useless unless the things that the fleet as a whole should have stored most prominently on there are hidden away in some back corner, or just forgotten about because nobody wants to bother writing about them.

So, please; give me your thoughts.

FruitLoop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Fleet Wiki

Post by FruitLoop » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Personally, I'd like to see more of the canon races. Yes, I know they're listed on Memory Alpha, however there are things that will happen with them here that won't happen anywhere else and I think that needs to be documented, imho.

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:03 pm

We have a Wiki????
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying
-----------------------------------------

Williams
Admin
Admin

Fleet Wiki

Post by Williams » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

Sure do, it's linked from our splash page and the IFS page - http://wiki.pegasusfleet.net

Williams
Admin
Admin

Fleet Wiki

Post by Williams » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 am

Also, (double post since TapaTalk won't let me edit posts) last night I reformed our main page a bit; it brings to the forefront more some of the fleet canon items we have (more coming soon), and also provides a space which I intend to fill with a userbase-voted Featured Article, to help showcase some of the best writing talent displayed in article content - even if you need help with formatting your article to make the page look pretty, it's the actual content that gets showcased there.

Fletcher
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Fletcher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Personally I would like to see the fleet canon section expanded, since it's easy to find information on regular Star Trek Canon. Currently fleet canon wise it's mainly one page with a paragraph or two written under it. It's really not a whole lot to go on, especially for a CO who hasn't simmed with the fleet in awhile (since IC 2386).
Captain Carolyne Hall
Commanding Officer
Starbase 519: Pioneer
Task Force 11

Thomas Smith
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Post by Thomas Smith » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:10 am

I am a new guy but I would like to have been able to find some errata/data on the ship types and specifically the "Fighter Wing" information that I hunted for trying to get an idea of how to roll in character. I am unsure as to how many ships have fighters but if we are supporting them as a fleet maybe we need to define departments fleet wide so we are all on one sheet of music and since, it seems most ships are offering the same positions for crew, a good thing, there should be a place where a new person or any person can go and find the base line data for that department.

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 am

My preference would be more fleet canon and more race info, with our fleet changes and info. One of the hardest things as a new CO coming into a fleet for me is always "Where do I start? What's happening in this universe", especially after the massive world altering changes that the Abrams movies brought about!

FruitLoop
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by FruitLoop » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:05 pm

You are actually able to ignore the Abramsverse crap in this fleet if you so choose.

Joe_Rhimer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Indeed, which is one of the reasons that I love this fleet, but getting started, I didn't know that :)

Return to “General Discussion”