Foundation of the Federation Sim

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
phyrturtle
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by phyrturtle » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey, so I've heard a rumor that there might be some interest in getting a sim going based around the time of the founding of the federation. I've love to play on a game like that, I'd even CO it if push came to shove. (I do bring over ten years experience and have COed games in the past.) And was wondering what kind of interest there would. It wouldn't be an Enterprise sim, but it would be from that period. I think I'd avoid using the NX class as well but that's just a detail.
Lieutenant Commander Halan Zeti
Cheif Engineering Officer
USS Gladiator

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Foundation of the Federation Sim

Post by Williams » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 pm

So what time period are you thinking? 2160s-70s? Just past the end of the Ent-era, or were you thinking a bit closer towards TOS where the Federation had fully integrated aliens into Starfleet?

phyrturtle
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by phyrturtle » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm thinking just after the charter was signed, maybe six months to a year. Meaning Starfleet would have just integrates the Andorians, Telerites and Vulcans in so it's possible we're even serving on a vulcan ship or Andorian cruiser because they would be a part of Starfleet now.
Lieutenant Commander Halan Zeti
Cheif Engineering Officer
USS Gladiator

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Definitely sounds interesting, and I know that a poll I did a short while back seemed to show that (then at least) this kind of era would be the one most people would be interested in outside of the prime time era.

brendan81
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by brendan81 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Would be hard to do. Where as we have an idea thanks to TNG,Voy,DS9 with races,tech etc. that era would be hard due to inconsistencies due to what has been said in TOS about the Earth-romulan war and what Enterprise screwed up.

I think you must first set some things straight. like transporter use, weaponry, races known, ship capabilities.
Currently Playing On:
Lt.Cmdr. Sean O'Connell, Csec, Starbase 332

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I know I've got save somewhere some of the basic timeline stuff from BF's last incarnation of their NXD before they reset it to before the war that might be of some use - there's also a pair of novels that have come out recently which offer a pretty decent take on the Earth-Romulan war, as well as explain Starfleet's later take-up of the retro tech we saw in TOS - I can always pass along some info if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson
Chief of Fleet Operations
Chief of Fleet Operations

Post by Thompson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 am

As a few PFers know I have a NXD simm set currently a year before the Romulan war which of course is a big part of the build up to the foundation.

Whats the names of those novels as well because I will need info on that at some point :P

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:01 am

The Romulan War - Beneath the Raptor's Wing and The Romulan War - To Brave the Storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”