Ye Olde Recruitment Swap

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
tueborvita
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Ye Olde Recruitment Swap

Post by tueborvita » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:28 am

Are you having trouble finding warm bodies to fill your manifest?
Yes.. Yes it is that time of year when people just got xbox games for Christmas, so no one is bored yet.
Well don't get blue, chum, because I've got a proposition for you. And no.. not that kind.
This revolutionary idea allows us to slice, to dice, to julienne. And, by way of handy, dandy impulsiveness allows us to get more players on our ships!
What is it you ask?
A bake sale? No..
Alcohol? Oh, no.. some of you laddies aren't old enough to sprout chest hair, much less swill booze.
Though cookies I am not adverse to offering. Mmmmmm chocolatey..
What I am suggesting is that we- the people of Pegasus Fleet- look around in our task groups. Look around in the other task groups. Look around the whole darn fleet and say gee: when was the last time I joined a new game? Are any of these interesting? Look at all these start up ships that need one or two new players to start and give them a helping hand.
Or even whoa! Let's have banners from other ships on our sites and links to them, and likewise they put links up on theirs for our ships! It's like keeping it in the fleet only without the naughty undertones..
Jimminy Cricket! We'd have action! Again- without the naughty undertones..
Either way it breathes new life in while we wait for people to respond to the thirty-two ads we put out last week. Sound interested? Okay, let's start....
Who needs a player? ME! Who wants a player? I'll hop on your ship, too. Scratch my back, sweetie. I'll bring cookies.

~~Infomercial spokesperson and general maniac~~
Image Image

KejalBuris
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Ye Olde Recruitment Swap

Post by KejalBuris » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

The only problem I see with this is that it encourages fleetwide incest. Ships simply aren't fun if they're mostly a shuffling of the same people in different positions. Not only that, I don't know about anyone else, but I frankly don't have the time for that many RPs at once, since my RL job and CO'ing take up a significant portion of my time online - the rest of which is eaten by other RPs, Facebook, and e-mail.

tueborvita
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Post by tueborvita » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 am

It's working so far within the task group. We've got four ships- two of which needed players to start- and they're all doing great.
Image Image

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 am

No one is being forced to swap, either. So if you don't have time, no big. If you do, great. We've got a couple folks who are taking two SIMs, some more, because they have time. And most are writing up different enough characters that it's not causing any issues at all. Simcest happens, but it's not necessarily a bad thing :)

Return to “General Discussion”