Free Courses in ST Pertinent Fields Plus

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
tueborvita
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Free Courses in ST Pertinent Fields Plus

Post by tueborvita » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:15 am

If you're like me, you grew up watching Star Trek and half a dozen other science fiction shows. The idea of high technology and space travel has stayed with me through my entire life, following me into college. I've taken astronomy, psychology, sociology courses and more- some of them with the idea of understanding just how close we are to making more of this technology real. To get to the point: I've run across a site that is put together by a ton of massively big named colleges offering free courses on everything from astronomy to physics to nanotechnology to microbiology. Some require textbooks, most do not. And to reiterate.. it is free and all online. Some of their courses are transferable for those currently in college (like me). Or, if you're taking classes just so you can argue blue shifts and string theory in character- well, yeah.. you can do this, too.

So here is the site: https://www.coursera.org/

Spend your lifetime learning, guys. The fact that Brown, CalTech, Duke, Emory, John Hopkins, Ludwig-Maximilians, Princeton, Rutgers plus have all gotten together to back this is huge. HUGE! I'm excited, can you tell? Anyone taking astronomy courses up to September I'm in for all of them. The nanotech course and some of the heavy physics are still beyond me, but I know we've got some good old fashioned brain trusts in this fleet. Send a message if you have questions. Whatever else you do: learn. Disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus. Learn as if always going to live; live as if tomorrow going to die. -St. Edmund of Abingdon
Image Image

Return to “General Discussion”