Magic: The Gathering

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
tueborvita
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Post by tueborvita » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:52 am

Yay Abnett! A friend of mine continually tries to run (and crash and burn) a Warhammer pbem. I had never played 40K before, so he told me to go read the Eisenhorn trilogy. Fantastic dark and gooey stuff there! I loved it. When I was table-topping it regularly, I played Shadow Run, WtA, Earthdawn, Immortal, Mekton.. Then as you said, kids happen and you really have to be more aware of what you say when rolling dice or they repeat everything.

My Magic habit died some years ago. I hide from card games since my oldest developed a taste for Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh.
Image Image

Stern
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: Magic: The Gathering

Post by Stern » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Abnett is a fantastic writer. Really, one of those writers who just does not get enough notoriety, probably because most of his writing is in the Warhammer/40K realm, though he has written several novels that are of his own creation. Eisenhorn, and the Ravenor trilogy that followed (and the Bequin trilogy that has just been started) are all fantastic as well, though I have a serious dislike for first-person. The Ravenor Trilogy was great because only portions of it were written in the first person (the parts from Ravenor's perspective.)

Only table-top game I ever played was 40K. I never really got wrapped up in anything else, though my brother plays, or played, heroclix and one other that I can't remember the name of.

Oddly enough we're at a place where I can start putting money back into hobbies, so I've kind of gotten myself a tidy allowance for Magic the Gathering.

Also....

Lieutenant (JG) Areinnye t'Lhaenn
Chief Intelligence Officer
Starbase Zeta

Rear Admiral Anton de Fitenzia
Director of Research and Development
Pegasus Fleet

Return to “General Discussion”