Idea: League of Extraordinary Villains

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Idea: League of Extraordinary Villains

Post by Treymiar » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:41 pm

League of Extraordinary Villains

The must be rpg'rs out there who enjoy writing the bad guys.
The CO/XO could invite members of this league to guest star as mission antagonists.
(In which case, CO/XO would become game moderators who referee and rule game balance.)

With me? I have a long history with Illithids (mind flayers in space), Kai Sheed (wannabe Maquis), and corrupt Brilayan League (evil industrialists even by Ferengi standards), and we must not forget Zorg's clone!

Don't settle for amateur, generic villainy in your sims! Hire the professionals! ;p
Only truly ebil, dedicated writers may join this prestigious League! (Okay, maybe I'm Tom Sawyering, here a bit.)

It's a dynamic to fleet community to consider.

- PSF

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Ro' Matlh
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Re: Idea: League of Extraordinary Villains

Post by Ro' Matlh » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:37 am

I have a character who has guest stared in three separate SIMMs so far; Dr Morgan Pass.

Morgan's world was crippled by centuries of war between the two indigenous races. Both had appealed to the Federation who had refused to become involved in the conflict. Morgan became a biogenic weapon expert and genetic virologist. He developed a weapon that killed billions of people, the entire enemy species, inside a week.

When the Federation heard about it they stepped into confiscate the weapon and the people involved. Enraged at this apparent hypocrisy Morgan has been smuggled off world and now maintains a very low profile midst free traders and pirate groups, where he does a passable job as a CMO. However, he is occasionally called in by other SIMM CO's to act as either the source, or occasionally the cure to some gigantic plague. He has no love for the Federation, and is on their top 5 most wanted list.

If you need someone to blame for an outbreak of plague, or need to find a cure to that Cardassian Virus affecting your base, Morgan may be the person for you. Just don't expect him to do it for the good of the Federation.

Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Idea: League of Extraordinary Villains

Post by Treymiar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:53 am

I'm going to try an experiment.
On Harby, I created a 'Villainy' Department. It has Open Positions for 'Villain' for either PC's or NPC's.

I have nooo idea at this point if, from a practical standpoint, this will fly or flop.
Some villains like Ming have to perennially escape. It's... well, it's just the way things are done.
Others? Yeah, they get their just dues at the end and the movie audience cheers. (Well, they did in my generation.)

You might try it. Give players a chance to personify their ebil sides.

- PSF

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Return to “General Discussion”