Views on Starting an RPG Ad Site

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Views on Starting an RPG Ad Site

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:03 pm

@DCaplinger - Thank you so much for your generous offer :) I appreciate it, however I'm already hosting it on my servers. Should that ever pose a problem, though, I'd be more than willing to discuss a move, should the offer still be available :)

The site is into development and I'm working on testing things out and trying to get everything secured and reliable. Once I have it working the way I want it to work, I'll be providing the link here (the domain is registered and ready to rock) so that we can get some heavier testing done. So stay tuned for that :) Once it's done, I'd like to have an inter-fleet moderator crew to keep things going and monitor new entries, etc (I'm working on developing a web facing page that I can give you guys access to via secure login to make this easier), but ultimately I'd like to keep control of the code and DBs as much as possible. I've got automatic backups stored in the cloud so if anything goes wrong, I can get us back up and running. I'd like to eventually have a backup, but I want to make sure that I"ve got the code working 100% before I do that. Too many cooks in the kitchen and all that :)

@Treymiar - Thanks for all the input, I appreciate your enthusiasm. As I've said before, the majority of this is far outside of the scope of the website as it stands right now, but it'll definitely be things we can keep in mind.

Thanks all!

Return to “General Discussion”