Star Trek 2017

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Star Trek 2017

Post by Alex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:31 pm

I think a big part of the problem with Enterprise was that the network put too much pressure on it with high expectations. The executives kept getting involved, changing the time slots and probably dictating certain stories, taking a lot of the freedom away from the writers. Plus, with the ever changing time slot, no one knew when it was on, and it never picked up the ratings that they had expected/wanted. In today's world we can watch shows on demand, so time slots are far less important than they used to be. I agree that Enterprise was just hitting it's stride in season 4, and season 5 was likely to have got into the Romulan War, which is an area of Trek history I've always been curious about.

As far as the new show goes, I'm excited for it, but I'm frustrated that the show is going to be on CBS All Access, and not on TV. Granted, I don't watch a lot of tv, instead relying on Netflix, Youtube, etc., but it's another monthly expense just to watch one show. The kicker is that I'll probably have to have it because it's been 11 years since there have been new episodes of Star Trek. But it's still a bit frustrating.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:41 pm

I heard (I think on the blu-ray special features) that the network execs were trying to interfere with Enterprise even more than they actually managed to - to the point of wanting to have a 'band of the week' in the ship's mess hall every episode, which is just plainly not going to make any sense.

I'm still waiting to find out what method I'll be able to use to watch the new show here in the UK

GVLB
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by GVLB » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 pm

So we now know the show will be placed 10 years before TOS.

We also know that the main character will be a Lt-Cmd woman, and that we'll be following her carreer. Which might explain some of the s's in the words crew and ship.

Mentions have also been made as to the presence of more aliens, a more diverse human culture sampling and even LGBT representation.

:o)
May the moon shine brightly upon your dreams.

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Emily » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:05 am

Yeah, I posted something on the Fleet's Twitter about what was just confirmed. Just for reference, the link is: http://www.startrek.com/article/bryan-f ... ry-details.

As some other people said on IRC, they're really going out of their way to promote things like a gay character and a female Captain. It's like they're doing it just to say they did it and to get the views, not because they actually want to do it. Maybe I'm just being finicky with this series, idk. lol

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:32 pm

I just found out that the premiere has been pushed back to May of next year. They say it's to have the best show that they can out there, but I wonder if they've run into some production troubles. Either way, I'm still excited about it, though I'm keeping my expectations low just in case.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Wittrekt
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Wittrekt » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:23 am

I don't believe principal photography hasn't even started yet. I think they are still building sets at their soundstages in Toronto. I don't even think they have a principal cast yet as there hasn't been any news regarding that. Really can't shoot something, if they don't have a cast.

Return to “General Discussion”