Star Trek 2017

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Star Trek 2017

Post by Emily » Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 am

2017 is creeping up on us slowly but surely. And you know what that means - the new Star Trek series is just months away! Right now, not much has been leaked about the series, but we do know some rumors. I'd personally like to see a show set Post-Nemesis in the TNG "All Good Things"/VOY "Endgame" era with the uniforms we use in PF. To me, this makes the most sense, seeing as they've been featured in TNG, VOY, and even DS9. Plus, it would just be a really cool era to see and wouldn't interfere with established stuff like with JJ's supernova.

Rumors say that it will be set pre-TNG/post-Undiscovered Country, but that is just a rumor right now.

What would you guys like to see in the next Trek series? What do you think of the information that we have right now? :D

Here is everything we know so far about the series from rumors or leaks.

GVLB
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Re: Star Trek 2017

Post by GVLB » Thu May 19, 2016 1:04 pm

I stuck on the 'new crews' part of the teaser trailer.

Note the 's' on the word crew. Which would suggest we might see more than one ship, or several crews on the same ship. A True detective approach might not be a bad idea, every season with it's own crew...

In any case, I'm very eager!
May the moon shine brightly upon your dreams.

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Emily » Thu May 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Ahhh, good catch! I missed that! lol

But, yeah, given the trailer's song and the font they used, I feel like they might be moving towards the end of TOS/Movie Era. I'm happy either way, but I'd personally prefer something post-TNG.

GVLB
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by GVLB » Fri May 20, 2016 3:32 pm

The music and font does seem to point us that way. And I do believe there are a few rumors about that too.

Honestly, I don't really mind when it's set. So long as it's Trek in spirit, I'll be happy.

Give me good stories and strong character developement and a never ending exploration of the human condition, and I'm set!

Stannes
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Stannes » Thu May 26, 2016 4:16 pm

I'm just happy for Trek. Don't care if it's new Trek, old Trek, Trekity Trek. I'm pretty ecstatic. All I know is that the last two Trek movies I took my teens to see and they very much enjoyed them, which opened up all sorts of conversations. I'd really like to see an emphasis on the character development and the camaraderie between the crew. I know those were going to be high points waaay back when there was talk about an Academy show, but I think that sort of fizzled.
ImageImage

Wittrekt
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Wittrekt » Thu May 26, 2016 9:46 pm

I am on the fence because the last Star Trek television series for the most part sucked but then again Star Trek will be back in a new format.

GVLB
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by GVLB » Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm

While I'll admit Enterprise took too long to find a good format and quality, in the end it was rather awesome.

But considering it's been 11 years since then, television viewing has changed a lot. I can only hope they have adapted to this new reality.

In any case, we'll see in a few months :o)

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Fri May 27, 2016 8:00 pm

See, I don't think Enterprise took too long to find itself a good format and quality... not when you look back at the other series.

Each one of them (TNG, DS9, Voyager) were all pretty poor for the first three seasons. It's only when you get into season four that the actors look more comfortable in their characters, the writers get better at writing for those characters, and the plots start to get better. The same was true of Enterprise - it took the first three seasons for it to find its feet, but then it hit its stride in season four. It was just cancelled prematurely, before it could build on that.

I'm looking forward to the new series - I'll hold judgement about it until I've seen it (or maybe a few seasons of it, if it follows the previous patterns :D), but it's good that they're making Trek series again. A few people who worked on the previous series have been announced as members of the production team for it, so there's a chance that they'll be able to bring some of the old magic to it.

GVLB
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by GVLB » Mon May 30, 2016 3:01 pm

You know... you,re completely right. Makes me wonder why expectations were higher...

But to be honest, even with it's rough start I still enjoyed Enterprise a lot. Voyager on the other hand.. :OÞ

7 months is far, yet so close... I hate time!

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Emily » Mon May 30, 2016 3:17 pm

GVLB wrote:But to be honest, even with it's rough start I still enjoyed Enterprise a lot. Voyager on the other hand.. :OÞ
Neelix ftw. lol

I'm not sure why, but I never really enjoyed ENT as much as I did TNG/VOY/DS9. There was just something that kind of threw me off. No matter what they did, I didn't really find it enjoyable. The characters were good and the story was well written, for the most part, and I'll even admit I cried when ~SPOILER~ Trip died. I think I just prefer the 24th century. lol

Return to “General Discussion”