PFDR POLL: What do YOU want us to work on?

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!

Where Should PFDR Focus Its Attention (See Post for Specifics)

Fleet Canon
14%
Trek-Tech
No votes
GAC Articles
29%
New PF Exclusive Tech
43%
New PF Exclusive Races
7%
Other (please respond to thread)
7%

Total votes: 14

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PFDR POLL: What do YOU want us to work on?

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Mon May 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Greetings all!

Part of my job as the Director of Resources is to make sure that the articles and information in the fleet wiki are robust and up to date. At the moment, while it is filled out, a lot of it simply links to Memory Alpha or Memory Beta or other En-trek-lopedias. While the information is excellent, it doesn't make for much PF catered info, so I wanted to poll you on where my team and I should focus our efforts:

Fleet Canon - Do you want us to delve further into fleet history? To tie ourselves more tightly into the Trek canon up till now and expound upon our involvement in major events or maybe come up with some major events of our own to help flesh out characters and stories with PF specific items and historical events?

Trek-Tech - Do you want us to focus on existing trek-tech and provide in depth information on it in our wiki that can be customized and catered to our PF gaming environment?

GAC Articles - The Galactic Anthropology Committee, for those of you who don't know, is the division of my department dedicated to cataloging and documenting the species of the Star Trek universe. Focusing here would mean more information on the races and species of the canon universe, including our interaction with them with regard to major fleet events (fleet plots, or major ship plots that would have fallout of the fleet, etc).

New PF Exclusive Tech - This is technology that isn't canon. It's tech that we create here, for us to use. New warp engines, medical advancements, doodads and whatnots that the powerful minds of PF have created. It'd be our stamp on the ST universe.

New PF Exclusive Races - Not everyone can be a Klingon or a Vulcan or an Andorian... we're far from having seen all of the various races out there, so what else is there? Let's find out. This would have the GAC focusing on created new races for the fleet, either from scratch or based on CO submitted ideas and information.

My goal is to make it to where you very seldom have to look anywhere other than the fleet wiki for the info you need to run your sim, but it's a big task and I want to make sure that everything is prioritized by what you as COs want and need. I'm looking forward to your feedback, guys! Please reply if you've got any questions, concerns, or comments! (And ESPECIALLY if you vote Other ni the poll :D)

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: PFDR POLL: What do YOU want us to work on?

Post by Emily » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:09 am

I voted for New PF Exclusive Tech because I'd like to see a bit more custom tech added to our inventory. The last piece of "new tech" that was featured in canon was seen in Star Trek: Nemesis which took place in 2379. Pegasus Fleet is in 2392, a full 13 years after the movie. I think that technology would advance a great deal in thirteen years and I'm interested in seeing exactly how it would advance.

Another thing that I'd personally like to see is more history on ship classes. It seems to me that some ships have a detailed history (like the Insignia-class), a description of the ship (like the Luna-class), or no description/history (like the Steamrunner-class). I think that nailing down some of this history and descriptions would be a nice thing for members and COs to have when considering a ship class or even taking a look at the class they already have.

That's just my two cents, anyway. :)

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:19 pm

I'd really like to work on some treaties, but I keep not getting around to it. The Treaty of Bajor and the First and Second Khitomer Accords were all big ones that I thought would be interesting.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Don't care as long as we all have fun.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:38 pm

I put GAC Articles, largely because that covers the most amount of stuff, but really I'd say all of the above :P

I was planning a while ago to do a couple of articles on the Breen and the Ferengi (I have some stuff for them in my sandbox in the wiki, but I don't think I really ever got to doing much more than putting down the shell with the infobox template)

Return to “General Discussion”