The Relaunches

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Bobby
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

The Relaunches

Post by Bobby » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:15 pm

[IF YOU'RE READING ANY TREK BOOKS BASED AFTER NEMESIS AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS, STOP READING!!]

Has anyone read any of the novel relaunches of Enterprise, DS9 and Voyager and not to forget (although not a relaunch but I want to include it) the Titan?

I am working my way through them and I am really enjoying them. They certainly have been written great and plausible too. The Borg history etc.

Thoughts?

Nate
Crewman
Crewman

Re: The Relaunches

Post by Nate » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:22 am

I am in love with them. The Fall Series was wonderful, and my sim in BF follow the Destiny timeline and later the VOY: Full Circle timeline.
Captain Dominic Dalgaard
Task Force Commanding Officer, Task Force 56

Captain Catherine Waldorf
Division Leader, Division 74

Captain Etan Kaz
Commanding Officer, Deep Space K-17

King Aethan Velaryon
First Of His Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm

And many more....

Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Post by Aaron » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 pm

I have not heard of these but and a fan of the original timeline and would love to read more of their stories any suggestions and where to start?
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:45 am

A bit slow to reply to this thread, but ah well...

It kind of depends on how you want to read them, whether you're interested in a particular series or whether you want to try and read each of them more broadly, and kind of follow them chronologically (which is what I'm trying to do).

There are a series of books in the TNG series set just before Nemesis that are really good, and go in some way to explain what the situation is with all of the characters at the start of that film - why Wesley was at the wedding, Riker's decision to accept the offer of the Titan, the situation with Data and his emotion chip, etc. They're the 'A Time To...' series.

For Voyager stuff, there are about four books I think set shortly after the ship returned home. Homecoming, The Father Shore, and Spirit Walk Books One and Two. I actually based the last mission we did on the Highlander off some elements of the plot in Spirit Walk (and our current plot is inspired by another, later book in the TNG series).

For the truly post-Nemesis stuff, I find this flow chart quite useful in keeping track of everything: http://www.thetrekcollective.com/p/trek ... order.html

Essentially, you've got five TNG novels, four Titan novels, and the Articles of the Federation novel, which follows a year in the life of the Federation President. After those, you've got the Destiny books - the events that happen in that trilogy are pretty heavily referenced in all of the books that come after it, so it's definitely worth a read. If you want to jump straight in here then you can probably do that too, but it helps to at least read the Titan books first I think.

After Destiny, the Voyager plotline picks up and they go off with the Full Circle fleet to the Delta Quadrant - that's so far been a fairly self-contained series that only occasionally references the stuff going on in the other books after that point, since they're pretty far removed from things. You then get some more TNG and Titan stuff going on, with a book on the Vesta class USS Aventine (Ezri Dax's ship) before you launch into the Typhon Pact stuff (the opposite number to the Federation's Khitomer Accords group). I'm somewhere in the middle of that series now, and I think The Fall comes at some point after that.

I've only really been going through the Voyager, TNG, Titan and crossover plot lines so far (with a couple of the Enterprise novels thrown in too), so I can't say much about the DS9 books, or any of the new series that have spawned up around this, but that flow chart I linked to above should tell you at least where they sit in the timeline.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Thanks for the flow chart I plan on using this to explore some of the Relaunch stuff. I think I will probably concentrate on the Titan and TNG stuff as I am a slow reader. This is very helpful thanks!
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Nate
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Nate » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:04 pm

The new DS9 relaunch series "The Fall" is really good!
Captain Dominic Dalgaard
Task Force Commanding Officer, Task Force 56

Captain Catherine Waldorf
Division Leader, Division 74

Captain Etan Kaz
Commanding Officer, Deep Space K-17

King Aethan Velaryon
First Of His Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm

And many more....

Return to “General Discussion”