50th Anniversary!

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

50th Anniversary!

Post by Emily » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:13 pm

So, I meant to post something about this yesterday, but that was my first official day back at work and I was pretty busy just getting everything said and done for that. Anyway, in case you are one of the few who didn't know, yesterday marked Star Trek's 50th Anniversary! The Original Series episode "The Man Trap" aired, depicting a legacy that would live on to this very day (and then some). A lot has changed since then, some things improved, others deteriorated, but the show lived on and gained one of the most enthusiastic and friendly fan bases out there.

As a tribute to 50 years, people have done a lot of things to show their love for Star Trek. More conventions ("missions") popped up all over the place to celebrate Star Trek. I even got a chance to take a look at some of the events they had here in New York (a fantastic recreation of the Enterprise-D's bridge and a lot of cool props!). OnGoing Worlds wrote an article asking Star Trek roleplay communities what some of their favorite episodes were (Star Trek’s 50th Anniversary: Your Favorite Trek) and I'd kind of like to extend that discussion to our community as well.

What did you enjoy most about Trek? It can be an episode, a piece of technology, a species, just anything that you enjoyed. :D

Stannes
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: 50th Anniversary!

Post by Stannes » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 pm

I loved the community of Trek. You have all ages, all backgrounds, languages, etc. that can come together to this one show that broke so many barriers at the time and offered hope that there could be a time and a place that all people could be identified as equal people.
ImageImage

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: 50th Anniversary!

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:04 pm

The technology probably inspired me the most. I was always interested in space when I was little, possibly because I grew up watching TNG. I still credit the cool technology and starships with making me interested in engineering.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “General Discussion”