15 years ago...

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

15 years ago...

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:18 pm

This time 15 years ago I was just getting out of bed and turning on the TV to find out something was taking place in New York.

At this moment 15 years ago Dispatchers walked that thin yellow line as they took call after call and sent out tones to fire and police to reapond.
This time 15 years ago Firehouses around Manhattan had their morning breakfast interupted as they were toned out and with out thought jumped in their gear and headed out to walk the thin red line. Police in the area were assembled to assist it securing the scene and balance on the thin blue line.

As I write this is it 9:03 EDT at this point 15 years ago I was watching on TV as the second plane crashed in to the south tower and my world, our world changed forever. Being a very patriotic person, a member of the Law Enforcement community, and now in the Fire Service this is really hard day for me. Just take a second today to follow through on what we promiced on 9/12 #NeverForget and for one day lets try and be decent with each other. Thank you if you stuck around to read this.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Re: 15 years ago...

Post by Terris » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:16 am

so sad. I was in my senior year of high school. One of the teachers came into my class room and said that a plane hit the World Trade Center. After that we watched the TV all day at school.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Stannes
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Re: 15 years ago...

Post by Stannes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:01 pm

I was very pregnant at the time and at that point of constantly tired. A friend called me up and told me to get out of bed and to turn on the news. I did- and then ran to pick up my other boys from daycare. I spent the entire day terrified that we would be going to war.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”