Crotchey old man's ideas

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Crotchey old man's ideas

Post by Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:16 am

Hey folks,

So as I mentioned in my intro, I've been around the block. That said, I've heard really good things about Pegasus Fleet and I want to see if there is something I can do here. So I have a couple, hopefully unique, ideas I want to put here for an Interest Check.

First, I have a Star Wars sim that is part of the Split World alliance (not a club/fleet). I put a lot of work into the sim, set in the Force Awakens era, but could not get any interest. Perhaps with a proper fleet like PF that supports non-Trek sims I could get some traction.

Second, I have really been wanting to run a Trek base. I know you have a couple here already and I'd hate to compete, but perhaps doing it in TF56 (where the others are not) and doing something slightly different would not step on toes? I was thinking something like a small Outpost, a sentry station of sorts akin to the size of Amargosa from Generations, with a small scout vessel like a Steamrunner or Nova attached. It would have a nice mix of small station life alongside some patrol runs on the ship.

I can provide some details on both of these, but I wanted to get the basics out there and see if anything piqued interest in anyone. Reply, comment, inquire, suggest, complain (be nice, I might cry), and thanks in advance!
Captain Ovik
Task Force 56 Commanding Officer

Commander Caymen Greener
Commanding Officer, USS Sinnan

Discord: @Chris#6382

Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Re: Crotchey old man's ideas

Post by Aaron » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:22 am

I like both ideas and would love to check out either. I agree if you went with a base it would work better in 56 because TF11 has 332 and TF37 has Oberon.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Taylor_Isley » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:43 am

Your ,second idea, in fact, sounds a lot like Oberon Base. Which is an idea, as the CO of Oberon, I really like and if you wanted to do something along those lines you would have no objection here. You can go look at the Specs if you want but Oberon is a base of about 300 people and we are currently looking into getting a small support craft if/when it fits IC.

I love the idea of small bases planet based or in space. I think they are something different that you don't find a lot. So many bases you see around a HUGE! I think the smaller base idea is just a different dynamic.

Like I said I support the idea trust me when I say you won't be stepping on my toes, my plan is for Oberon to become a Colony one day so we will be evolving in time.

I honestly don't know much about the other suggestion you put forth, but I think it is a good idea for us to be open to new concepts. Such as a Starwars sim.
ImageImage

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:01 am

I think you're onto some cool ideas there, Chris. I'm actually working on some standardized specs for the smaller science style outposts as well as larger colonial style specs for land based sims. If you'd like to help me out with developing that, shoot me a line at pfdr@pegasusfleet.net and we can get into the nitty gritty details of it :) As Taylor said, there are a lot of ships, but not a lot of bases. I'm always up for seeing new things or rare things.

Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Chris » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks all - your feedback has been very kind and positive. That says something about this group. And I'm glad I wouldn't be stepping on any toes.

So yeah, I was definitely thinking something smaller, like the Armagosa science station in ST:Generations. I might not necessarily focus on science, maybe a sentry outpost for the TF56 frontier or something - communications, sensors, patrols, etc. Could also be a pitstop for ships going to and fro. But @Joe_Rhimer, I will definitely shoot you a note and see what I can do to help. Getting specs on anything smaller than a K7 or DS9 type station can prove difficult.

More to come, I suppose!
Captain Ovik

Commander Caymen Greener

Seoulless
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Seoulless » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:50 am

I'd be interested in a Star Wars sim.

I can see what images/meshes I might have for bases. Are you thinking more of a space base or land based station?

When I was with the PF before I was part of R&D but I haven't seen much activity along those lines.

Stannes
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Stannes » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:41 am

A Star Wars sim would be fun. We were just talking about the fact that we didn't have one the other day.
ImageImage

Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Chris » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Ok, you guys are tearing my brain in two. I love my idea for the SW sim. It takes place a bit before The Force Awakens. OOCly, we'd work for a year or so up and through the events of TFA so by the time SW8 comes out we can move forward with the plot now know more plot. ICly, we'd be a band of random traders who somehow (movie magic) become involved in the greater cause against the First Order.

Here's the site - it even has a sweet SW crawl!

http://swrm.split-world.com/
Captain Ovik

Commander Caymen Greener

Return to “General Discussion”