Gauging Interest Part 2

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!

"Traditional Navy"sim that had a "No Humans" PC rule?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:19 am

Yes
17%
No
83%
Sounds intriguing, Tell me more?
No votes

Total votes: 6

CmdrLanc
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Gauging Interest Part 2

Post by CmdrLanc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 am

Gauging interest in another "odd" idea.

It would encourage Player created races with a requirement that said race has a complete write up before being approved.

Jack Mantell
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Re: Gauging Interest Part 2

Post by Jack Mantell » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:55 pm

There's also tons of unused races in Trek that I rarely see on sims. Add in the races from the books, like the New Voyages and Titan novels, and you probably wouldn't even need a player-created race.

It sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know far you'll get with banning humans outright, but perhaps raising the standards for humans and encouraging other races would be more productive. Keeping a good 4-6 (or more) people who can write non-humans well might be difficult in the long run.

Taylor_Isley
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Gauging Interest Part 2

Post by Taylor_Isley » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

I don't like anything that limits your Players. Do I like odd races, ye, but sometimes an interesting race can get in the way of character devolvement and sometimes the character simply becomes a stereotype. Does that mean I don't support people playing different races, no I love different races but I wouldn't force that on my Players. Humans come in so many different forms and one can make just as a unique character as a human as they can Playing an Aenar.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”