Light in the darkness

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!
Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Light in the darkness

Post by Aaron » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:04 am

So for those that have wondered of my status because I went dark the last month and a half. I lost my father last month. I went to a very dark place that included going dark on the internet and in real life. It culminated in a drunken night where I attempted to end it. I was found by my cousin who stopped me before my 4th attempt of Russian Roulette.

I put this out here because my therapist says I can't do this alone and today it became evidate. I woke wanting to end it. I logged on my email to write a letter when I got all of the emails from the PF community checking on me. Especially Rhimer, Kitty, and Yuna. I saw some light in the dark that someone cares. So after talking to some. I am making attempt to come back and part of the community.

A big thank you to Aaron Pierce your concern and friendship helped to ensure one more day for me.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

Re: Light in the darkness

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:53 am

You got it, brother. We Aaron's gotta stick together, right?

I want to say, some folks may be put off by your candor here. Speaking of suicide, earnestly and honestly, is something that is almost taboo in our culture, and it shouldn't be. It's a terrifying place to be, and while I've had to good fortune to never find myself there, I've seen many friends endure that temptation. I applaud you on your honesty, and I am both humbled and honored that this community and I have been a part in keeping you away from that place in this time. We're all here with you, man. And if you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, you know how to get a hold of me.

This too shall pass, my friend, as deep and dark as the valley may be, it's only that way because of the peaks on the other side. So eyes forward. That summit isn't far now.

Aaron

Re: Light in the darkness

Post by Aaron » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:02 am

I apologize if me just putting things out there offends anyone. We can take it down I just was getting it off my chest and to say thank you to you and the rest of the Community.

Thanks again and to those I may have offended I am sorry
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Return to “General Discussion”