New Task Force Region

Talk about any old rubbish here - but don't spam!

What Region Should TF88 Reside In

Poll ended at Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 am

The Gamma Quadrant
10%
The Borderlands
48%
Sector 001 (Sol System)
43%

Total votes: 21

Joe_Rhimer
Master Chief Petty Officer

New Task Force Region

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:24 am

TF88 will operate in The Borderlands

Hi all,

In an effort to keep things more manageable for our TFCOs, we're planning on keeping our Task Forces maxed at 7 ships. We're making this restriction to ensure that our TFCOs have plenty of time to work with their COs as needed. As all of our TFs are currently at 6 ships (TF56 has 7 now with our new Romulan vessel!) The time has come to add an additional TF.

To that end, we plan on holding a vote (in this same forum) 7 days from today to decide on a final location. Currently, we have three areas on the docket:

The Gamma Quadrant: It's been over a decade since the end of the Dominion War, and we don't know anything about what has been happening on the other side of the Bajoran Wormhole. Has Odo joining the Founders really changed anything within the Dominion? Are they still hostile, or have they become benevolent? Have they fractured into factions amongst themselves, or withdrawn inward to contemplate the lessons Odo has been teaching them? What of the unexplored space away from Dominion territory? DS9 gave me the impression that there was a region of non-Dominion space immediately around the Wormhole, which then met quite quickly with the Dominion border; but what would we find if we skirted around it? Would the Dominion tolerate us doing even that? There is a lot of potential for exploration and creating new species and storylines with setting a Task Force here, and it could get quite interesting.

The Borderlands: This is the region to the 'West' of the Federation, entirely on the Alpha Quadrant side of the divide. It spans from Sol (Earth) right to the borders the Federation shares with the Tzenkethi Coalition, Cardassian Union and Talarian Republic. It gives a lot of possibilities for stories; there is the question of how Cardassia is doing now, over a decade since the end of the Dominion War. Are they still rebuilding? Are they still 'occupied' by the Federation/Romulan/Klingon alliance, or have they been cut loose of whatever those requirements of the post-war treaties would have been? There would likely be military factions or extremists who want the Union to go back to its old ways. The region also has the Tzenkethi, who we haven't seen much of outside the post-Nemesis novels, but who hate the Federation, and were involved in a war with us pre-DS9. The Talarians we know very little about, and have strong potential for development to create of them something unique to Pegasus Fleet.

Sector 001: Home sweet home. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune... even Pluto. Patrolling around the home front and defending it from hostile invaders, working with the Academy to conduct cadet cruises and training missions. Lots of opportunity with such a precious place parked right in the middle.

We want to hear from you as well, though! Give us suggestions and ideas! Give us places to go and things to see. At the end of sevent days, well be voting on as many suggestions as we get to see which one will become Task Force 88.

Looking forward to the discussion!

Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Re: New Task Force Region

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:35 am

What about instead of an AO to work in we have a task force that is with Intelligence based ie: Section 31 or a Research and development Task Force that specializes in new tech. Just some ideas.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Korak
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Korak » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:25 am

Aaron wrote:What about instead of an AO to work in we have a task force that is with Intelligence based ie: Section 31 or a Research and development Task Force that specializes in new tech. Just some ideas.
See I feel that is more of a SIM focus thing rather than an entire TF in my humble opinion. And honestly it starts getting a little wary when you move towards the black ops route. Trek was never really about that minus a few Section 31 episodes and in those 31 was deplored. R&D I can see though.

My personal vote would be for the Borderlands. Lots of potential with a rebuilding Cardassian Union and choosing whether or not they are Federation inclusive now (as the book have shown them), Bajor, the Tzenkethi, Tholian Empire, etc.

Kai1701E
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Kai1701E » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Although I am LOA, I find myself with a little time and in need of a distraction today and this provides it.

I think all three proposed areas have merit. Sadly, I think that the Tzenkethi and Tholians and the like lack any real information for a TF to be successful based on dealing with them and it may become boring just dealing with the Cardassians/Bajorans.

Gamma Quadrant is done in another fleet on the web and is done well. It could work here, too.

My actual preference would be for a Sector 001 area of operations. Could get some really good missions going there that aren't necessarily tactical based. You could have an ASDB type sim where we build new ships, could have a government type one, or an Academy one or anything really. I think it is most interesting!

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Well, there are plenty of Sims stationed in the 001/Borderlands Area the Tomcat is one of them, as far as I know only a few active sims are going to the DQ, there is a lot of action to be had there. Then again there are a smaller number in the Boarderlands, the Tomcat mainly works out of the Mira Sector.

Well that is my tuppence worth perhaps I should ask for change! LOL
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying
-----------------------------------------

Chris
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Chris » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 pm

I kind of like the idea of Sector 001. Sims that don't necessarily want a whole lot of AOA and want more free range could reside there. Further, one fun part here is that PF and this new TF could implement a plotarc at some point akin to First Contact where a fierce opponent someone makes it to 001 and threatens the heart of the Federation. That could be fun.

Another option would be deeper into the DQ, like a forward operating base, and explore the origins of the Borg. I believe I saw a decent DQ map which a cornucopia of Borg-occupied space. That would be an interesting series of sims and stories.
Captain Ovik
Task Force 56 Commanding Officer

Commander Caymen Greener
Commanding Officer, USS Sinnan

Discord: @Chris#6382

Kai1701E
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Kai1701E » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:10 pm

The more I think about it, Sector 001 would be a fantastic idea. There's a mass of funky sim ideas we could do.

*Advanced Starship Design Bureau
*Utopia Planitia
*Lunar Colony
*Federation Council/Presidency
*Diplomatic Corps
*Spacedock 1
*Starfleet Academy
*Starfleet Tactical/Corps of Engineering/Medical/Science etc

Some amazing potential there already.

Korak
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Korak » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Kai1701E wrote:The more I think about it, Sector 001 would be a fantastic idea. There's a mass of funky sim ideas we could do.

*Advanced Starship Design Bureau
*Utopia Planitia
*Lunar Colony
*Federation Council/Presidency
*Diplomatic Corps
*Spacedock 1
*Starfleet Academy
*Starfleet Tactical/Corps of Engineering/Medical/Science etc

Some amazing potential there already.
When you put it that way it's actually pretty neat.

Kai1701E
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by Kai1701E » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:24 am

Soooooo... it's been seven days. When do we get to know/vote???

Joe_Rhimer

Post by Joe_Rhimer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 am

Voting is now open in this thread. Let your voices be heard!

(And sorry for the delay :) )

Return to “General Discussion”