Howdy!

New to the fleet? Come on in and say hi!
Oliver Vinn
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Howdy!

Post by Oliver Vinn » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi there everyone! My name is Austin I'm 24 years of age and am a male, my favorite color is Orange, I didn't get into Star Trek until nearly 4 years ago. I have been role playing various stories and a plethra of blended games, books, movies, etc since I was 12 years old. I like playing Dungeons and Dragons and I do so on a weekly basis. My favorite game series of all time is Assassins Creed. The only kind of games I don't care for aside from the cheaply made ones are shooters. I like storms and nature. Ah what else...hmmm, oh my favorite animals are: Tigers, Hawks and Sharks! I'm a big fan of Tolkein's(sp) books and have been wanting to do a(n) sim based on his works so if this can be arranged or if someone has one going I'd love to join. I live in the United States of America, Missouri is the name of the state in which I live. To me Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek series. Now I'm just ranting, if you want to know anything else about me you can simply ask.

It will be good to meet some new people and hope this lasts a while longer than my previous two fleets.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Ensign Oliver Vinn
Squadron Commander
Starbase Pioneer

~Austin

Lan Parker
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Howdy!

Post by Lan Parker » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Ah a DnD fan, you should fit right in then, especially if you've DM'd before!

Welcome to the 11th :P Glad to have you here. I heard we had cookies!
Lan Parker
Ship: Available
Length of Service: 0

Snow Hill (Winter)
Starbase: 332 Rank: Staff Sgt
Length of Service: 18 days
NPC's on Ship: 1. (Kyoko Washington)

[Acting CO] Murik King
Starbase: The Langport Rank: Lt JG
Length of Service: 14
NPC's on Ship 6

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Welcome to the Fleet Oliver
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying
-----------------------------------------

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Welcome to the fleet! The Assassins Creed games are awesome; I'm very excited for the American Civil War one to come out later in the year :D

Oliver Vinn
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Oliver Vinn » Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks, Ive Dm'd before 3.5 and 4.0. 4.0 is good for its simplicity and 3.5 is good for it's intricateness. One story and I just have to tell this one. Our group consists of 7 people minus our DM which makes 8. I play a Ranger Satyr and my buddy Tom plays a Bard Satyr. We we go into this room and chains are hanging down from the ceiling as blood drips from them and at the back of the room we see a Chain Demon. Everyone is doing the best they can against this demon but it looked as if we were going to lose. Then Tom, the Bard says "I throw tarts at it!" All of us, including the DM looks at Tom and are like "What?! You do what?!" He repeats "I throw tarts at the Chain Demon." Our Dm is like "Okay, you throw Tarts at it. Now what are you doing?" And Tom goes, "No, if you read the spell description of Tosha's Hideous Laughter it says it's a tart." Our Dm says "Oh, okay so whats your DC." Tom says "18" (I think). Our Dm rolls for the Chain Demons save and missed Tom's DC by 1. And everyone gets up there as quick as we can while a Chain Demon is rolling on the ground laughing hideously and we coup de grace his ass!

What a way to win and epic battle!

Btw, Williams, not to be an ass or smartass or an asshole but the next Assassins Creed is taking place during the American Revolution also know as The Revolutionary War.

Thanks for all the "Welcome to the Fleet" replies, and I hope to have fun forever more! ;)
Ensign Oliver Vinn
Squadron Commander
Starbase Pioneer

~Austin

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Eh, I knew it was one of them :P To be honest with just imagery from the two time periods, I can rarely tell them apart myself. American history's not really my strong point :) Still, looks to be a good game.

jp Gifford
Crewman Apprentice
Crewman Apprentice

Post by jp Gifford » Sat May 05, 2012 2:05 am

Greetings to a fellow Missourian!! I hope that ACW game is good.. Welcome to the fleet (Tosses Orange cookie)
Michael Rhodan
Commanding Officer USS Overseer

Major John Gifford
MCO, Starbase Threshold

Return to “Introductions”