Adding a CBox or Tagboard to a Nova Site?

Having a problem with your site? Post in here, and we'll see what we can do to help!
KejalBuris
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Adding a CBox or Tagboard to a Nova Site?

Post by KejalBuris » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 am

Some of you may have used something on your other sites that I quite like: A Cbox.

Now, I was thinking about it in detail, and I realized something. A Cbox creates openness toward guests, a persistent "chat-like" function that requires no plugins or additional software (unlike IRC), and the like. In short, it brings the website back into the fore, away from those bloody awful e-mails that serve no purpose but to make my spam filter choke.

So let me ask you this - where on God's green earth can I put one in a Nova site? Obviously, I'm thinking in one of two directions, either create a link to it in the top bar (i.e. if you right-click on a Cbox in a decent browser, you can view it independently of the website), or a Thresher page, but this requires an additional tab. In fact, I can think of no way to have it remain persistent across all pages. Any thoughts on the matter?

Oh, and don't bother with the idea that Nova was made directly in counter to the mindset of a Cbox. I don't really care. I need a simple and fast way for guests to get in touch with my officers and I. Since posts that are not "posted" don't show up in any way, I need a way to prove that, yes, people are logging on and they do remember the site - to outsiders and each other.

KejalBuris
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Adding a CBox or Tagboard to a Nova Site?

Post by KejalBuris » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:05 am

Sorry for self-replying. I figured it out. Come to my site, try out the CBox.

Return to “Website Helpdesk”