Dedication plaques?

Show off your graphics works here!
Jak Naylor
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Dedication plaques?

Post by Jak Naylor » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi all,

Is anyone able to make decent dedication plaques? I've made an original, but I feel like there's something a bit dull about it. What's everyone's thoughts? Would be grateful for any assistance :D

ImageImageImage

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Re: Dedication plaques?

Post by Terris » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:15 am

It looks good. Never second guess yourself. I wouldn't change anything.
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Jak Naylor
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Jak Naylor » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Nice of you to say, thank you! :)
ImageImageImage

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Like Terris said, it looks good.
If you're looking for constructive advice, then the only bit I'd say might be worth looking at is seeing if you can give the text and emblem more of an engraved effect for a closer-to-real look. If it were a dedication plaque on an actual ship, all that writing and the Starfleet logo would be engraved (or laser-etched, or some other futuristic way of cutting shapes into metal) onto the plate.
And possibly look at doing something with the pins in each corner. I'm guessing that they're meant to be rivets or something to hold the plaque onto the bulkhead, but it's a little difficult to get them to look like that (I gave up trying with my own dedication plaque, and just removed them; Starfleet's fine with super gluing the plaque to the wall, right?)

Like I said, not required changes at all, it looks good! Just some ideas if you're looking to tweak it a bit.

Jak Naylor
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by Jak Naylor » Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Some really good tips, thanks!

Agree with you there with the rivets, they look a bit at odds with the rest of it. Might have to play around with it, like the sound of laser cut lettering though, definitely lore friendly. Might have to look about for some inspiration. Again though, cheers for the advice!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics”