Rise of the non-dork Vorva

Have an idea for a cool new mission you want to share? Here's the place!
Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Rise of the non-dork Vorva

Post by Treymiar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:50 am

It pains me a little to remember the bubble gum Buck Rogers 25th Century show. I hated that stupid p****rhead robot (yeah, astersik'd it out just in case you can't say that here). But... there were a few cool moments in the show, like Buster Crabbe's cameo appearance in a space battle.

Anywho, one episode actually would make for a cool Trek mission, the Vorvon in "Space Vampire". Essentially, he was a neanderthal-unibrow Nosferatu. He could only be seen by his next intended victim. He could drain or 'possess'. Few weapons could affect him.

Now, I've never been a vampire genre fan in the Stoker sense. But the idea of a dimensionally dubious creature(s) like the vorvon could make for a formidable Trek adversary. That is, until Jordy innovates positronic garlic or the sort. ;)

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Diaz
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Re: Rise of the non-dork Vorva

Post by Diaz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Hmmm, reminds me of a episode of Doctor Who, it was quite interesting and yes I agree this would make a wonderful adversary. Not so sure I wouldn't change it a bit if I used it in a sim. But it makes one think about all the 'older' tv shows, movies and their adversaries and how they could be used. Thanks for the food for thought! :)

Treymiar
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Re: Rise of the non-dork Vorva

Post by Treymiar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:59 am

Thank you for the feedback, Diaz! Sometimes I wonder just how much of a wacko-factor I'm rating with all my crazy ideas. :lol:

"Sometimes, people become enemies because they don't understand each other.
Other times, they become enemies because they do."

Return to “Mission Control”