Intrepid Class

Archived discussions of all specifications which have been approved and put into use by the Research & Development Department

Moderator: Clement

Blackcat
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Intrepid Class

Post by Blackcat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 pm

The Intrepid is the ship class from Voyager, HOWEVER, Voyager herself was highly modified from the original, and most of the class sources out there are polluted with the "Magic Tech" and items that were added for simple survival that voyager possessed. This is a best estimate of what the Intrepid Class proper should look like.

This Class will be posted for comments for at least 1 week, and will remain up for comment for no longer than 2 weeks. During this time you are free to comment on the specs and deck listings and we'll work to come to agreeable specifications.

New Tech: None

Intrepid Class Starship
Category: Light Explorer

Intrepid

Expected Duration: 100 years
Time Between Resupply: 2 years
Time Between Refit: 4 years

Personnel
Officers: 35
Enlisted Crew: 120
Marines: 0
Passengers: 40

Speed
Cruising Velocity: Warp 8
Maximum Velocity: Warp 9.5
Emergency Velocity: Warp 9.975 (for 12 hours)

Dimensions
Length: 343 meters
Width: 133 meters
Height: 66 meters
Decks: 15

Auxiliary Craft
Shuttlebays: 2
Runabouts
AeroWing Runabout: 1
Delta Flyer Runabout: 1
Shuttles
Type 8 Shuttle: 2
Type 9 Shuttle: 3

Armament
Defensive Systems
Ablative Armor
Phasers
Type IX Array: 12
Shielding Systems
Auto-Modulating Shields
Metaphasic Shielding
Standard Shielding System
Torpedoes
Pulse-Fire Torpedo Launcher: 4
Photon Torpedoes: 30
Quantum Torpedoes: 20
Tri-Cobalt Device: 3

This ship has atmospheric landing capability

Deck Listing:

Deck Description
Deck 1: Main Bridge, Captain’s Ready Room, Officer’s Briefing Room, Multi-use offices, Aft Bridge Airlock, and Upper Sensor Platform

Deck 2: Officer's Mess, Senior Officers and VIP Quarters, Executive Officer’s Office Labs and Storage, Upper Sensor Platform Subsystems, Captain's Mess

Deck 3: Captain's Quarters, Officers' Quarters, and VIP Quarters, Equipment Storage, Torpedo Loading Maintenance, Testing Isolation Chamber, and Turbolift Maintenance.

Deck 4: Crew quarters, Transporters Rooms 1-3, Aft Photon Torpedo Launchers, Phaser Maintenance, Forward Sensor Pallet Subsystems

Deck 5: Sickbay, Chief Medical Officer's Office, Counselor's Office, Crew Quarters, Library, Holodecks 1-2, Sensor Gear, Science Labs

Deck 6: Crew Quarters, Non-Specific Science Labs, Aux Deflector Control, Aux Computer Core, Consumables Resupply Connectors, Gym

Deck 7: Aux. Computer Core, Upper Cargo Bays 1 & 2, Labs, Escape Pod Access, RCS Thruster Access, Deuterium Tankage, Warp Engine Core Injector Access

Deck 8: Astrometrics, Chief Science Officer’s Office, Docking Ports, Lower Cargo Bays 1 & 2, Deuterium Tankage, Upper Premix Chamber, Aft Work Pod Storage

Deck 9: Cargo Loading Doors, Aerowing Shuttle Dock, and Labs, Upper Aerowing Shuttle Dock

Deck 10: Main Shuttlebay, Shuttlebay Storage, Flight Control Center, Aft EV Access Airlock, Upper Main Computer Core, Upper Warp Core, Forward Photon Torpedo Launchers, Reserve Warp Engine Core, Main Navigational Deflector

Deck 11: Main Engineering, Engineer's Office, Aft Lounge, Upper Warp Core Mixing Chamber, Auxiliary Warp Engine, Lower Main Computer Core, Main Navigational Deflector

Deck 12: Environmental Control, Antimatter Tankage, Main Deflector Control Systems, Lower Warp Core

Deck 13: Lowest Warp Core, Labs

Deck 14: Antimatter Processing, Aft Tractor Beam Emitter, Tractor Beam Subsystems, Ground Hover Footpad Systems, Warp Core Ejection Hatch

Deck 15: Antimatter Loading Port, Forward Tractor Beam Emitter, Tractor Beam Subsystems, Plasma Relay Control Rooms, and Ground Hover Footpads
nnn >^o.o^< nnn
ImageImage

Varela
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Re: Intrepid Class

Post by Varela » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:56 pm

I am more than happy to have the pretty stuff stripped from the Voyager specs, however the only real non-canon feature I want(ed) is a lounge/ten forward facility.

Pretty please?

With sprinkles?

Blackcat
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Blackcat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Deck 11 - Aft Lounge

You do have it.
nnn >^o.o^< nnn
ImageImage

Varela
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Varela » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 am

In that case... *thumbs up*

Enmui Darkheart
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Enmui Darkheart » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:53 am

Can't argue with it, maybe add a bit of "magic tech" to make it something special?

Varela
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Post by Varela » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:09 pm

I don't know about EW, but I'm fine with having none of the 'magic tech'. The only things that I wanted that were not in the original Voyager specs (ie, Season 1) is the astrometrics lab (which when you think about it, Star Fleet really doesn't have a justifiable reason to remove such a valuable resource as compared to the Borg modifications); and my crew lounge as I do have civilian playing characters on my sim.

Mikoto Misaka
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Mikoto Misaka » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah all fine with me. Just thought i'd point out a few other things that you've missed.
1. The Intrepids can only hold warp 9.975 for 12 hours.
2. The Chief Science Officers office really should be on the same deck as the Science Labs themselves (Just makes no sense, being 2 decks down)
3. Upper Engineering is on deck 10, and Lower Engineering is on Deck 11.
4. Captains Quarters is on Deck 3 as well as other senior officers quarters.
5. Warp core ejection hatch? Why is that on deck 14 and not 15. Deck 15 is the keel of the ship, it needs to be a deck down really.
6. Shuttlebay 1 (Areowing flyer) is actually on deck 10, underneath the saucer.
7. Operations center?? Whats this??
8. We don't need a communications center, communications is routed through OPS and the CONN on the bridge.
9. There isn't any intelligence officer's or departments.
10. Flight control center, we don't need that. We have a console on the bridge for flying.

These are canon things I have spotted out, and they are not Voyager Mods. I know these off the episodes, so I do think some of them need rethinking.
Captain Mikoto Misaka
Commanding Officer
USS Ermiana

Blackcat
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Blackcat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Edited the specs, you logged before I could talk to you about the ejection system, but it appeared to eject from very near the front of the main engineering section, above the bottom of the curve of that part...

Todd
nnn >^o.o^< nnn
ImageImage

Enmui Darkheart
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Enmui Darkheart » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:41 am

An operations center is an administration center. A team of people who apply the captains domestic orders, like personnel, general engineering tasks...just management I believe.

Blackcat
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by Blackcat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Aye, and let's not forget the Janitor's break room ;)

Todd
nnn >^o.o^< nnn
ImageImage

Return to “Approved Specifications”