PROPOSED Hazard Team

Archived discussions of all specifications which have been approved and put into use by the Research & Development Department

Moderator: Clement

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: PROPOSED Hazard Team

Post by Alex » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:47 am

Again, I agree with Captain Gunning. The Hazard team would become a department on each individual ship, not a single fleet wide entity. If you would prefer, you could think of it as a subset of the security department.

Again, I want to reiterate that such a team would not automatically be placed on every ship. No one will be required to use them. As I mentioned before, any CO that does want them must request with sufficient rationale that such a team be assigned to their ship in the first place. The idea is not to create something else to force on the COs. It is intended as an additional tool that is available to COs, especially on a larger, more developed sim that may be looking to open up some additional crew slots for new players or NPCs. I know that I wouldn't be interested in such a team on the Vesta, at least not for the time being. I have too many open positions still available. We're really just looking to create some additional options for our COs to consider to help round out and flesh out our simming environment.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

T'Stala
Crewman Recruit
Crewman Recruit

Post by T'Stala » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:11 pm

KejalBuris wrote: #2 - who exactly do you propose fill these roles? I'm having enough trouble getting people on one ship, I cannot imagine that this would help to bring in new people.
Just kind of throwing in my half a cent. I'll be honest, I don't often participate in R&D conversations because I don't know what half of the stuff is anyway. However, looking at it from a Recruitment point of view, I think they could prove to be worthwhile - especially considering that having them is at the CO's discretion. In my opinion, I think the Hazard Team would help bring in the marine players that are turned off by PF's lack of marines. Yes, lack of - there aren't many CO's (if any) who have marine detachments on their ships. We've lost more than a handful of people who liked Pegasus Fleet's atmosphere, but wanted to play a marine or something close to that wasn't Security or Tactical. Being a part of the Hazard team is pretty close - and yes, they are aware that for a good number of missions, they will be twiddling their thumbs. Also, if you're worried about god modding, then set of up some rules of some sort, limitations. If they don't like it, they can leave. Those are my thoughts on the matter; thank you for 'listening'.
Lt. JG T'Stala
Chief Medical Officer
USS Dauntless

Mike
Admin
Admin

Post by Mike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:17 pm

There hasn't been a lot made of this recently but I do remember not being able to give Admiral Reynolds a decent explanation of the look of the armour. This is the closest I can find in terms of the articulation of the armour but the helmet etc will be different.

http://madeinjapan1988.deviantart.com/g ... 0#/d1srlbx
ImageImageImageImage

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Post by Alex » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:29 am

There has been no further comments on the Hazard Team in some time. Are there any other concerns, or should this be brought up to a vote?
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Approved Specifications”