Updated Fleet Maps

The Outer Office of the Galactic Anthropology Committee is the place to ask questions, propose fleet canon, and anything else which you need to post to discuss with the GAC.

Moderator: Clement

Williams
Admin
Admin

Updated Fleet Maps

Post by Williams » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:59 pm

So, as I mentioned in the Task Force forum, I've been working on some updates to the fleet maps, and I'd like to present them to be discussed and hopefully adopted into Fleet canon.

There are a few changes I have made in the maps. First of all, the territories of the Cardassian Union, Gorn Hegemony and to a small extent the Romulan Empire have been expanded. The Cardassians and Gorn just didn't seem like they were realistic as threats with such small territories, and the Romulans I just filled in some space at the far end of it, since it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have claimed that space but would have various strands around it.

The Romulan Neutral Zone has also been extended to the full length of the Federation-Romulan border, and the DMZ has been extended to the new bit of the border on the other side of the badlands. I removed the territory of the Metron Consortium, as there's no evidence they have any territory even in our galaxy - just that they took Kirk and a Gorn captain to some barren world somewhere to fight. That allowed space for the Gorn expansion. I also expanded and moved north slightly the Tzenkethi territory. The Ritorian territory has been expanded based on what I understand the eventual aim is with the SB332 storyline, and I've removed the 'territory' around Talos. There would still be an exclusion zone around it, but it isn't a territorial power like everyone else.

I've also removed the dots and names for a lot of unnecessarily represented planets. The original map was far too busy and it was almost impossible to read all of the labels and attribute them to the relevant yellow spot. It doesn't mean those planets don't exist anymore, just that the map highlights those worth highlighting.

Here's a 50% size version of the full map:
And a link to the full-size version: http://pegasusfleet.net/images/maps/new ... pfleet.png

For comparison, the old map: http://www.pegasusfleet.net/images/maps ... l-2867.png

I've also greatly revised the focussed version of the map for the Task Force area of operation. Rather than just being a cropped version of the full map, the full map was cropped and then that section enlarged, so that more detail can be captured. Planet icons are colour-coded to the power to which they belong, and starbases are represented by the symbol of their owning power too. I've also included a few Klingon and Gorn starbases (that to be honest I did just make up, but I tried to put them in logical places).

Here's a 50% size version of the TF11 map:
And a link to the full-size version: http://www.pegasusfleet.net/images/maps ... t_tf11.png

For comparison, the old TF11 map: http://www.pegasusfleet.net/images/maps ... 1-1686.png

I plan on creating similar focussed maps for various areas of the Alpha and Beta quadrants which will be the areas for operation of future task forces we'll aim to eventually open. I figure the area around the Cardassian border up to the Tzenkethi would be one, the Northern strip including the Breen, Ferengi and Romulans to be another, and the area of space separated from the rest of the Federation on the other side of Romulan and Klingon space to be another. I've not worked much on those focussed sections of the map yet though since we don't have another active task force yet.

Hopefully you like the updated maps, and if there aren't any objections, I'd like them to work their way through the process to become accepted fleet canon.

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Re: Updated Fleet Maps

Post by Alex » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 pm

*cough* Spoilers *cough*

Sorry about that. I had something in my throat. Anyway, I like the updated maps.
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:59 am

Yeah, I did think about doing a version with the reduced Ritorian territory and then replacing it with the version with the expanded territory, but I figured that would be a bit confusing to those outside of SB332, especially when the TF story arc is going to involve the Ritorians and is set after the Sojourner arc :)

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Any more comments from anyone on this one? Or can I pass it on to the PFA to vote it in?

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Post by Terris » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:03 am

pass it on
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

This map is slightly different to that of the Tomcat sim, and puts my sim more in line with TF13 as my sim is set in 2392 July while PF is still in 2391. My simms AoO is out past the Mira sector, I am using a modified map of the standard Trek galaxy map found on google.

it is here: https://sites.google.com/site/usstomcat ... ations-map, this is where the Tomcat Operates.

Excellent map though, very impressive.
CHARACTERS

-----------------------------------------
"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying

Williams
Admin
Admin

Post by Williams » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Yeah there are a number of maps knocking about out there - using a map other than the fleet map doesn't necessarily put you into TF13 - afterall fleet canon is optional for all sims. It just determines what the fleet bases things off for coordinated things like the TF story arc.

JasmineSomers
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by JasmineSomers » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:32 pm

I know this, just thought I would mention it. :D

The biggest problem with the Tomcat taking part in a PF Fleetwide simm is PF is still in 2391 when I brought the Tomcat Sim into Pegasus Fleet we had just entered 2392, so on that score the Tomcat would be unable to take part in a Fleet sim, also there is a little matter that my crew have awkward RL work shifts or education going on so we are quite a slow sim.
CHARACTERS

"Today is a Good Day to die" Klingon saying

Return to “Galactic Anthropology Committee Outer Office”