A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Report, February 2015

Post by Alex » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Greetings,

For this month's monthly report I have a few announcements. First of all, I am delighted to present the new Chief of Fleet Operations, Rear Admiral Richard Gates. Admiral Gates is returning to the PFA after previously serving as Pegasus Fleet's first PFCO. With his return to the PFA, he brings a bounty of new ideas for the task force, including a stronger social media presence and ideas for a task force story arc. We are also planning to increase the amount of correspondence between the PFA and the commanding officers, starting with regular emails from Admiral Gates. I expect that the COs will be hearing from him soon. Everyone, please offer Admiral Gates a warm welcome.

Unfortunately I have to follow up the good news with some sad news. Rear Admiral Loren Putski, the Director of Personnel and Recruitment, has spent the last few months on medical leave. Out of respect for the Admiral's privacy, I won't go into details here. But he has told us that he still has a long road of recovery and rehab ahead of him. Because of this, he has announced his resignation from all of his fleet staff positions, including DPR, webmaster, DJAG, and CO of the USS Tsunami, which was in its infancy when the medical problems started. I know that Admiral Putski, who was known by most of us as Todd or CLBK, has been a fixture of this Fleet for a long time. He cared a lot about seeing the Fleet succeed, and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for him to make. If anyone that doesn't already have his contact information and want to send him well wishes, let me know.

With Admiral Putski's resignation, the PFA now has an opening in the Personnel and Recruitment department. Just like with CFOps, we are opening the position up for applications. The DPR position is open to anyone that is interested. In addition to being a part of the PFA, and thus in a position to help make decisions for the Fleet and to help us improve, the position would involve working with players for transfers between sims and working with COs on recruiting new players. If you are interested in the position, please contact me for an application. Applications are due by next Sunday, March 15, so be sure to get your application request in quickly.

I'd also like to introduce a few new COs that have joined us over the last few months. Unfortunately I don't believe that they were every properly introduced. First, I'd like to introduce Commander Taiga Aisaka of the USS Tokyo. The Tokyo joined us rather quietly a few months ago, and has been quite busy. We also have Commander Ravi Azad of the USS Harbinger and Commander Edward Denton of the USS Tachibana. And finally, we have our newest CO, Captain Genevieve Diaz of Starbase 47. I apologize for not giving them a proper introduction in the past, but please give them a warm welcome.

Shifting gears, I'm pleased to announce the Sim of the Month Awards for February, 2015.

Diamond Sim of the Month: NX-04 Discovery

Ruby Sim of the Month: Starbase 332

Emerald Sim of the Month: Starbase 47

I know that we are a bit behind on Post of the Month, but we have been in the process of changing the process for selecting the winner. For the January Post of the Month, I've asked a panel consisting of Rear Admirals Anton de Fitenzia and Remora Sumuru along with Rear Admiral (Ret.) Fulana de Tal to review the nominees.

After reviewing the nominees, the panel has selected “The Call” by Lieutenant Augustus Deakin of Starbase 332. Congratulations to Lieutenant Deakin.

We will likely be following a similar strategy for the February Post of the Month, though we are still working out the details. In the meantime, I suggest that every checks out Deakin's post. I'm looking forward to continuing to develop the Post of the Month Award as an opportunity to showcase the great work that is coming out of the sims. Congratulations to all of the nominees.

I see some great things coming in Pegasus Fleet's future. I'm looking forward to seeing Admiral Gates's plans go into effect. I do want to give a reminder to everyone, not just the COs, that if you ever have a question, comment, concern, or just want to say hello, don't hesitate to contact me. I am happy to help in any way I can. But most importantly, I want to stress how the COs and the players are the lifeblood of this Fleet. Without you, there's no reason for the PFA to be here. If anyone ever has a concern about how things are going with the Fleet, or have a suggestion for a change, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you, and in the words of recently departed friend, “Live long and prosper.”

Alex
---
Vice Admiral Emily Quinn
Pegasus Fleet Commanding Officer
pfco@pegasusfleet.net
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Mike
Admin
Admin

Re: Monthly Report, March 2015

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Congrats to the award winners and Admiral Gates. Good to see you back on the PFA!
ImageImageImageImage

Williams
Admin
Admin

Re: Monthly Report, March 2015

Post by Williams » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Thanks! It feels good to be back. I've got quite a few ideas of how to improve things for everyone going forward, so hopefully you'll see quite a bit from me soon :)

Return to “Fleet Announcements”