A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Report - May 2015

Post by Alex » Sun May 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I’d like to congratulate all of our sims, and especially our new COs, on another great month. The new sims have hit the ground running and have already made quite an impact. I have a feeling that they’re not done. It’s wonderful to see how busy everyone has been.

Before I get into this month’s business, I’d like to remind everyone that the monthly Fleet meeting is scheduled for Sunday, May 17. Instructions for getting to the meeting can be found at the end of the report. I encourage anyone that is interested to attend, especially if you have any questions or concerns.

The first order of business that I want to address, many of you may have already seen. The rest of the PFA was gracious enough to decide to promote me to Admiral. I know I said a few words on the forum post, but I’d just like to thank the PFA as well as all of you.

I’ve been working hard over the last several months to create the best simming environment that I can, but I know that I haven’t done it alone. A number of people have put in a lot of time and effort to improve the Fleet, and not just the PFA. The commitment from the COs and the players has been extraordinary, and it gives me a lot of pride to see how well all of the sims have been doing. Well done, everyone, and thank you.

We have been joined by five new commanding officers this past month. I am proud to introduce Commander Nathaniel Hunter of the USS Kumiho, Commander Jacob Dawkins of the USS Vanguard, Commander Gunnar of the USS Argo, Commander Julius Whitlam of the USS Manoora, and Commander K'trelan of Starbase 713. Everyone please give them a warm welcome to Pegasus Fleet.

The PFA has had a few policy changes under consideration over the past month. There are two policies that have been officially revised: The 'Disallowed Characters' policy and the 'Sim Ratings' policy.

The Disallowed Character policy has been changed to the 'Restricted Characters' Policy. The major difference is that many characters and races that were once prohibited for use as player characters have now been moved to restricted, while others have been removed from the list entirely. Restricted characters mean that certain races or affiliations may still be used by a player if approved by the sim’s CO and the PFA.

We felt that the existing policy was out of date, and too inflexible to be of any use. The new policy will give the players and COs a little more freedom.

The other policy change was to the Sim Ratings Policy. Previously the policy required COs to use an age rating to denote the type of content that may be found on their sim. However, the PFA felt that this was a potentially misleading system, and did not necessarily accurately represent what type of content that could be found on a particular sim.

The new rating system makes use of the Universal RPG rating system, which ranks the areas of language, sexual content, and violence independently on a scale from 0 to 3. Sim ratings would be represented by these three scores, and not a strict age rating. This allows COs to be more specific regarding the type of content that they will allow on their sim and protect themselves better from unwanted content.
If you haven’t already, commanding officers should familiarize themselves with the revised policies. All Pegasus Fleet policies can be found here.

I also have a few announcements from other members of the PFA. Rear Admiral Gates would like to remind everyone that we are still planning to have a Task Force 11 story arc. There is an ongoing discussion on the forums regarding the specifics of the arc’s plot. We are looking to move the discussion on to the next stage, so I encourage everyone to check out the thread and add your thoughts. The thread can be found here.

Rear Admiral Sumuru has been trying to get to all of the new students in the Pegasus Fleet Academy. However, he has experienced some technical difficulties. If you are a new CO that will be taking the command course, or a new player that is taking the general cadet course, and have not yet been contacted by Admiral Sumuru, please contact him at academy@pegasusfleet.net. Otherwise, he has been getting the course material together and should be sending that out to you soon.

Finally, I’d like to remind everyone of the monthly meeting this Sunday, May 17 at 8:00 pm GMT. It will be held in the Darkmyst IRC Network - #pfco Channel. Please come with any questions, comments, or concerns for the PFA. I have also been keeping the “List of Items being considered by the PFA” wiki page up to date, so if you ever want to know what the PFA has been working on, check out the page.

If you have any specific questions that you want to ask of me directly, or just want to say hello, feel free to send me a message at pfco@pegasusfleet.net.

As always, Live Long and Prosper,
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Mike
Admin
Admin

Re: Monthly Report - May 2015

Post by Mike » Sun May 17, 2015 6:10 pm

The sim award winners, for anyone that missed the email announcement. Congratulations to all the players on these games- you all had an amazing month.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Fleet Announcements”