A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Report - August 2015

Post by Alex » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:55 am

Hi everyone!

I hope those of you in the norther hemisphere has been enjoying your summer. Not surprisingly, posting was down a bit this month, but it was still a pretty good one.

This month's meeting will be held on Sunday, August 9. The instructions for getting to the meeting are at the bottom of this update. I encourage anyone who is interested to join us. Next month's meeting is currently scheduled for Sunday, September 13.

We have a few new commanding officers and some promotions this month. Commander Iridessa Brannon has taken over the USS Casey from Commander Reid. I would also like to welcome back Captain Kellin Reynolds of the USS Makalu. Commander Taiga Aisaka has been promoted to Captain. In addition, he is also taking over as TFXO of Task Force 11 as Captain Kaede Kayano. Captain Kayano is replacing Captain Suvaal, who has decided to step down. Congratulations to Captain Aisaka/Kayano and Commander Brannon. And welcome back Captain Reynolds.

A couple of weeks ago I announced the resignation of Rear Admiral Maddox from the Department of Personnel and Recruiting. While the admiral will be staying in the fleet as commanding officer of the USS Farragut as well as several other characters, he felt that it was time to step away from the PFA. Again, I'd like to thank him for his service to the Fleet.

However, I am pleased to announce that we have selected his successor. Please welcome and congratulation Rear Admiral Tores Zand, our new Director of Personnel and Recruiting. Admiral Zand has been with Pegasus Fleet for the past two and half years, and has served on a number of different sims. Most recently he has taken command of the USS Manoora, a Dominion War era sim. I'm looking forward to working with Admiral Zand. As part of his final acts as DPR, Admiral Maddox sent out a survey to the Pegasus Fleet COs. I'm sure Admiral Zand looks forward to reading those and working with everyone on how we can better promote our sims. Again, congratulations and welcome, Admiral.

The main order of business for the PFA this past month is a discussion on a reformation of the monthly awards system. As discussed last month, we began looking into some changes to Sim of the Month to consider some factors other than just the posts per player average. Since post length can significantly affect the results, it is difficult for us to measure the difference between a few long posts compared to many shorter posts. Because of this, there was some concern over balance, with the current system being unfair due to only taking one parameter of a sim's success into account. The PFA has been hard at work discussing several ideas, though that discussion did get pushed back while we searched for a new DPR. Going into August, the monthly award reform is the PFA's highest priority. Because of an on-going discussion, the July Sim of the Month awards will be delayed, but I intend to get those out to you within the next week, if not sooner. Those will be announced along with the Post of the Month. That vote is still open, so if you haven't already, please go here to cast your vote for Post of the Month.

This month's meeting will be held this Sunday, August 9, at 8:00 pm GMT. It will be held in the Darkmyst IRC Network - #pegasusfleet Channel. Please come with any questions, comments, or suggestions for me or the rest of the fleet staff. All members of the fleet are welcome to attend. You do not have to be a CO or XO.

If you have any specific questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask me at pfco@pegasusfleet.net.

As always, Live Long and Prosper,

Alex
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”