Admin
Admin

Monthly Meeting Minutes - Jan 10th, 2016

Post by Williams » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:14 pm

PF Monthly Meeting – January 10, 2016

Attendees:
AlexM – Admiral Emily Quinn, PFCO | SB332 CO
Williams – Rear Admiral Richard Gates, CFOps | Highlander and Discovery CO
CapRhimer_RAdmWells – Captain Joe Rhimer, USS Antares | RAdm Allan Wells, PF Director of Resources
Wolfie – Emily, AceIRC Network admin
Cor_Cordale – Cor Cordeale, Assistant Engineer USS Antares
Treymiar – Emma Daystrom, CO USS Harbinger
Ro|Stannes – RAdm Minka Stannes | Commander Rohana O’Touvelli, CO USS Kingdom
mobileAza – Jess Middleton, XO USS Kumiho
Dak – Nathanial Hunter, CO USS Kumiho

Agenda:
  • New PFA Member – Rear Admiral Minks Stannes
    • RAdm. Stannes is looking to get the Academy courses revamped, and is welcome to any feedback fleet members have about them or about potential new offerings
  • New Commanding Officers
    • Emily Daystrom, USS Harbinger
    • Cmd. Christian Matthews, USS Bosworth
    • Cmd. Alexander Simmons, USS Douglas
    • Cmd. Gregory Paladin, USS Poseidon
    • Cmd. Nathaniel Summers, USS Apollo
  • New Niche Sim - USS Justice (Capt. Anders Odergaard)
    • The Justice joined us in January, and is set in the immediate aftermath of ST: Nemesis. It is the second sim of Capt. Michaels of the Victory
  • TF Stats
    • We have had 7 new sims join us in the last 3 months, bringing us to a total of 23
    • At the time of the meeting, we had 13 of those sims with 6 or more players
    • RAdm. Gates will be working with RAdm. Zand to help improve recruitment for those sims still seeking new crew
  • Ship Specs & Wiki
    • RAdm. Wells is interested in starting to work on some specifications for some of the other eras we now have sims in. We currently have a movie-era sim (Farragut) and an Abrams-verse ship (Kingdom), neither of which have specifications. If anyone has any suggestions for more classes aside from those two that should be added, contact PFDR
    • RAdm. Wells is still going through the wiki to get an idea of what needs to be cleaned up and expanded for GAC and R&D stuff.
  • Next Month’s meeting
    • Everyone at the meeting was flexible and had no concerns about the February meeting date
  • Sim Chat Channels
    • It is not a requirement for sims to change their chat channel server, but they can do so if they wish.

Chat Log:

Code: Select all

Session Start: Sun Jan 10 19:47:49 2016
Session Ident: #Pegasusfleet
[19:47] * Now talking in #Pegasusfleet
[19:47] * Topic is 'Welcome to Pegasus Fleet's IRC channel. Our homepage is: http://www.pegasusfleet.net Please keep all conversations friendly, respectful and family safe.'
[19:47] * Set by Wolfie on Mon Dec 07 22:34:54 2015
**(Removed random non-relevant chat before meeting)**
[20:18] <~AlexM> Alright, shall we get started? I think this one is going to be pretty quick. I don't really have much on the agenda.
[20:20] <&Williams> sounds good
[20:20] <&Williams> though I'm going to have to step away for a minute to eat (not long got in). I'll grab anything for me when I'm back :)
[20:20] * Williams is now known as Williams|Fooooo
[20:20] * Williams|Fooooo is now known as Williams|Fooood
[20:21] <~AlexM> It probably won't take very long to get there, but we can go through the other PFA members first.
[20:22] <~AlexM> So as you probably noticed in the monthly report, there hasn't been a lot to report from December. With all of the holidays, the latter half of the month was pretty slow all around. The biggest order of business for the PFA was the selection of our newest Academy Commandant, Rear Admiral Minka Stannes. Congratulations, Admiral!
[20:23] <@Rhimer|Wells> YAy! Grats :D
[20:23] <@Ro|Stannes> Thankee
[20:24] * mobileAza (sid53627@ace-579D8CEA.irccloud.com) has joined #Pegasusfleet
[20:24] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Contrats, Stannes, whoever you are.
[20:24] <~AlexM> Sorry if I put you on the spot, but since you're here, do you want to say anything?
[20:24] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> speech! speech!
[20:25] <~AlexM> You won't hurt my feelings if you don't.
[20:25] <mobileAza> Do all the SIM channels need to move to this network?
[20:26] <@Rhimer|Wells> (she's typing furiously behind me hehehe)
[20:26] <@Ro|Stannes> Uhh, let's see.. I'm really hoping that soon the courses can be revamped and we can continue from there adding courses and tutorials to help round out anything that a player or storyteller may need.
[20:26] <@Ro|Stannes> I'd love input and feedback and ideas from anyone that has something brewing on the back burner or has a need that is not met within reason. I know a few of you blokes.
[20:27] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> (Be careful what you ask for around me.)
[20:28] <~AlexM> (Oh, let her learn the lesson the hard way, Treymiar, haha)
[20:28] <@Ro|Stannes> Pttwwww
[20:28] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Mwa-ha-haaa! Actually, I have one course request: Improved Communications during JP's.
[20:29] <~AlexM> I'm looking forward to working with Admiral Stannes. I've written with her before, so I know that she's a very good writer. I can't wait to see what she does with our very outdated courses.
[20:29] <@Ro|Stannes> Certainly can do
[20:29] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Take 120 seconds to log into a JP to drop a comment: "Count me in" , "Give me a couple days" , "I think I'll sit this one out", etc.
[20:30] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> It can be a terrible frustration not knowing if and when players will participate.
[20:30] <@Rhimer|Wells> Believe us, we've been there recently, Treymiar lol
[20:30] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> We had a long OOC chat about on Harby, significantly improving harmony.
[20:30] <~AlexM> That's something even COs need to work on. I know I've been trying for a week to get on and advance some JPs, but life just wasn't having it.
[20:31] <@Ro|Stannes> That is true. Do you have specific requirements in your house rules to say how much activity that you expect in a week/month from pplayers?
[20:31] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Marriage & Simm life blodd is communication.
[20:31] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I let players participate as little or as much as they want.
[20:32] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Players who are inactive and don't PM for long periods have their characters moved into the non-visible ELOA department.
[20:32] <Cor_Cordale> Actually, if I may?
[20:32] <~AlexM> That's generally what I do as well, until it gets to the point that people are holding up JPs. But then that's what I've been doing, so I haven't had a lot of room to enforce that the last couple of months.
[20:32] <@Ro|Stannes> Let's talk off to the side after the meeting. I can offer some guidance.
[20:32] * Cor_Cordale raises his hand.
[20:32] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I move on with out them if they don't Tag.
[20:32] <~AlexM> Go ahead Cor_Cordale
[20:33] * Dak|Laptop (DakLaptop@ace-2CF28DD6.neo.res.rr.com) has joined #Pegasusfleet
[20:33] <Cor_Cordale> Something that I've found works on some of the simms is a dedicated OOC thread. Something that allows for a little disclosure about the events to come, and a means for players to opt in, or opt out, of certain threads.
[20:34] <Cor_Cordale> The alternative is someone posting (( I'm out )) on an IC thread, and then everyone getting excited about a new tag on a really exciting thread, only to see it's something like that.
[20:34] * Williams|Fooood is now known as Williams
[20:34] <@Rhimer|Wells> Yeah, we do that on the ANtares. I think the Kingdom does it too, but that doesn't always resolve things either :) We've had a bunch of JPs on the Antares that are stalled because people have gone MIA. A bunch of spots are about to open if they don't get back with me lol
[20:35] <Cor_Cordale> True, it's hardly a fix-all. Probably a fix-most. 
[20:35] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I have a bewildering number of nicely fleshed out NPCs to step in if players decide to drop off the grid.
[20:35] <~AlexM> I agree. We've been doing that on most of my sims too. Plus it helps players get to know each other a bit better too since they have another place to chat. It is a good system.
[20:35] <~AlexM> At least in my opinion.
[20:36] <~AlexM> We can come back to this later if people want to keep talking about it. I did have a question from mobileAza a bit ago about sims changing their chat channels to the new server.
[20:38] <~AlexM> If your sim has a ship specific channel already on Darkmyst or another server, you do NOT have to move it to this one. We moved the official PF channels to AceIRC thanks to Emily, who most of you may know better as Wolfie. She suggested moving her where she could offer us a few benefits that we didn't necessarily have on the Darkmyst server. But that doesn't mean COs need to move their...
[20:38] <~AlexM> ...servers unless they want to. It's not a requirement.
[20:40] <~AlexM> Hopefully that answers your question.
[20:40] <mobileAza> Okay it does and thanks
[20:41] <~AlexM> My pleasure.
[20:42] <@Rhimer|Wells> role call?
[20:42] <Cor_Cordale> Sound off :)
[20:42] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Treymiar - Emma Daystrom - USS Harbinger
[20:43] <~AlexM> That's probably a good idea. I forgot about it.
[20:43] <mobileAza> Jess Middleton - XO - USS Kumiho
[20:43] <~AlexM> Admiral Emily Quinn, PFCO | Captain Liarra Von, CO Starbase 332
[20:43] <Dak|Laptop> Nathaniel Hunter - CO - USS Kumiho
[20:43] <&Williams> Rear Admiral Richard Gates, CFOps | Captain Tim Williams, CO USS Highlander | Captain Christina Curtis, CO Discovery NX-04
[20:44] <Cor_Cordale> Cor Cordale - Assistant Engineer - USS Antares
[20:44] <@Ro|Stannes> Admiral Minka Stannes, Academy // Commander Rohana O'Touvelli - USS Kingdom
[20:44] <@Rhimer|Wells> Rear Admiral Allan Wells, PF Director of Resources | Captain Joe Rhimer, CO USS Antares
[20:45] <~AlexM> The next thing that I had on the agenda was to introduce our new COs. We don't have any of them are here, but if anyone talks to them, please welcome Commanders Christian Matthews of the USS Bosworth, Alexander Simmons of the USS Douglas, Gregory Paladin of the USS Poseidon, and Nathaniel Summers of the USS Apollo.
[20:46] <~AlexM> We do have one new CO among us though. Treymiar recently took over the USS Harbinger.
[20:46] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Yeah, woke up one morning with a bouncing baby simm on my doorstep!
[20:47] <@Ro|Stannes> Congrats
[20:47] <@Rhimer|Wells> Grats :D
[20:47] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Thx
[20:47] <@Rhimer|Wells> If there's anything I can do to help out, let me know. Taking over a sim can be tough sometimes :)
[20:47] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> To qoute Wash in Kight's Tale "Pain... lots of... pain!"
[20:47] <&Williams> And I'm sorry Treyimar for getting your characters name wrong in my report, which then made its way into the monthly update :P (for everyone else; it's Emma Daystrom, not Dalton)
[20:48] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> heh, np
[20:49] <~AlexM> I don't think he was playing Wash in A Knight's Tale, but I get the sentiment, haha.
[20:49] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Folks, I don't know much about the PF community. If I need to be participating in a community way that I'm not, then please let me know.
[20:49] <~AlexM> Yeah, I totally used his report for that. Blame Matt.
[20:50] <~AlexM> You're one of the more active members on the forums, and you've been coming to meetings lately, so I think you're doing just fine.
[20:50] * Dak|Laptop makes a note to find someone outside named Matt and blame them for things
[20:51] <&Williams> though offerings of marshmallows and chocolate to the forum admins always go down well :)
[20:52] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Klingon Truffles...
[20:52] <@Ro|Stannes> Cool
[20:52] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Like Forest Gump, you never know what you're going to get (still alive) until you bite into one.
[20:53] <~AlexM> Since we're getting into new COs and offerings to the forum admins, is there anything that you want to bring up, Matt?
[20:55] <&Williams> Well since I sent my report in we've actually got another new sim (if not quite a new CO). Josh, who commands the USS Victory as Captain Michaels in the fleet, is taking up a second command within our niche task group (as our rules say you can). He's going to be commanding the USS Justice under the name Captain Anders Odergaard. The Justice is going to be set immediately after the end of Star Trek Nemesis, and will be exploring the Romulan situation (amongst other areas) that we ended up missing out on, with the fleet being founded some years after the events of that movie (both IC and OOC)
[20:56] <Cor_Cordale> Ooooo
[20:56] <~AlexM> Sounds very interesting
[20:57] <&Williams> Aside from that I just wanted to point out how well we're doing in terms of CO numbers. With 7 new COs in the last three months, our total numbers have now reached 23 commanded sims - 13 of which have 6 or more players. I think it's a really good sign for the fleet, and hopefully we'll continue on that good trend
[20:57] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Still a bunch of good lookin' sims who still need players, though.
[20:57] <Dak|Laptop> Indeed
[20:58] <@Rhimer|Wells> We just need to start focusing on our Social Media presence and we'll knock that out. Yahoo! and stuff ain't cutting it anymore :D
[20:58] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> My observation is, few people use Yahoo these days. Mostly old folks like me.
[20:58] <&Williams> There are, though it's a good sign that the vast majority of those with lower crew counts are our newest sims. I'm hoping to work with Mike in DPR this year a fair bit at helping out those sims that are still looking for extra crew
[20:58] * Dak|Laptop found PF through RPGFix orignally, its Kumiho's main advert atm
[20:59] <&Williams> Agreed; Yahoo is a fairly old recruitment medium now. We actually dropped a tool that we used to use to put out lots of adverts on there not that long ago as it wasn't returning any results. Switching over to Facebook and Twitter saw us get a lot more responses straight away
[20:59] <&Williams> I think our last DPM also spent a fair bit of time talking to people on Reddit too, which I believe helped a lot
[21:00] <@Rhimer|Wells> Gotta go where the people are
[21:01] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Oh Allleeeex... now that I have you as a captive audience... May USS Harbinger call SB332 its base of operations  after  1st mission?
[21:01] <&Williams> Anyway, that's it from me. As always, if anyone has any questions about anything, or has an idea that they want to add into our Task Force story arc, let me know; my door is always open.
[21:01] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> (You can say no and I won't pout.)
[21:02] <@Rhimer|Wells> We're about to wrap out mission on the Antares, and we can finally get to the TF Story mission :D
[21:02] <@Rhimer|Wells> I'm looking forward to it
[21:02] <Dak|Laptop> Kumiho's getting close to logging her disablement, new site is pretty much set to go once we get there. Was going to see about logging  the new class
[21:03] <Dak|Laptop> Maybe just email a starter for that
[21:03] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Which new Class shop?
[21:03] <&Williams> Got the new class image for the Kumiho ready to go :) Just waiting on your word for the changeover in IFS
[21:03] <~AlexM> Let's come back to that Treymiar. We can talk about it after the meeting.
[21:03] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> mkay
[21:03] <Dak|Laptop> Kumiho is moving to a Vesta class ship, more suited to the border patrol role
[21:04] <Dak|Laptop> Is encountering some increased pirate activity away from the Gorn front-lines
[21:04] <Dak|Laptop> Perhaps a distraction effort as far as Story Arc goes
[21:04] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> In case anybody is interested, Harby is dealing with a cousin-race to the Gorn.
[21:04] <~AlexM> Thanks for the updates, Matt. Do you have anything for us, Mr. Rhimer?
[21:05] <@Rhimer|Wells> I do, actually :)
[21:05] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> https://harbinger.writh.net/application/assets/images/characters/Venzarian.jpg
[21:06] <@Rhimer|Wells> I'd like to start working on Specs for some of the other eras we've already got ships for. We have a Movie Era ship (Farragut) and an Abrams-verse ship (Kingdom) but neither have ship specifications. I'm working on assembling the information for the ships so we can have at least a few of those classes together to see if we can garner some more interest in new sims. If anyone has any suggestions for classes, I'd love to hear the
[21:07] <&Williams> (your sentence cut off at 'I'd love to hear the' by the way :))
[21:07] <@Rhimer|Wells> GAH! LoL
[21:07] <Cor_Cordale> (Presuming all it cut off was an 'm')
[21:07] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Since you ask, I have I whiney protest. The one and only thing OF did right was make the Excalibur the fast ship in the fleet. PF has slowed it down. :(
[21:08] <@Rhimer|Wells> 01 I'd love to hear them so I can get them added into the mix.01
[21:08] <@Rhimer|Wells> hit me up out of the meeting and we will
[21:08] <@Rhimer|Wells> talk :)
[21:08] <&Williams> More ship specs sound good to me. Let me know if you want any help with adding anything extra to the ship class infobar template on the wiki to distinguish era ship classes from the current-era ones
[21:08] <@Rhimer|Wells> Naw, that I can handle, but thank you :D I <3 wiki lol
[21:09] <@Rhimer|Wells> I will probably bug you for other stuff, though
[21:09] <&Williams> no worries
[21:09] <Cor_Cordale> I think what would really help that would be a benchmark. A class that is essentially the same across all three eras.
[21:09] <@Ro|Stannes> Good idea
[21:09] <@Rhimer|Wells> Beyond all that, I'm still trying to go through the wiki and get an idea of what we need to clean up and expand for GAC and R&D stuff. Busy busy busy :D
[21:09] <&Williams> (Speaking of the Wiki, I should really go and change over our featured article away from December's)
[21:09] <@Rhimer|Wells> that's all from me, boss
[21:10] <@Rhimer|Wells> lol yeah, might be good ;)
[21:10] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I recommend a "Specifications Feedback" resource. Let players and CO's register their opinions & questions about ship specs.
[21:11] <@Rhimer|Wells> I do believe that's called pfdr@pegasusfleet.net :D
[21:12] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Is our IC PF year now 2392 ?
[21:12] <&Williams> yup
[21:13] <~AlexM> That, and we have the forums as well. Our general practice in the past is for the PFDR to submit specs and tech for approval. It runs through some discussion and then get's officially added. But either way, we can always go back and update specs if we think we need to.
[21:14] <@Rhimer|Wells> Yup. I'll be keeping an eye on those sections too, so you can always put up questions and responses there. I check my fleet e-mail daily, though, so I'll get our question faster that wa most likely lol
[21:15] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Does this same resource handle new homespun species & worlds?
[21:15] <~AlexM> Yes.
[21:16] <@Rhimer|Wells> Yeppers, that's all me :)
[21:16] <Cor_Cordale> Yay!
[21:16] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> (This comes from my JJ-phobia. I don't want new movies to screw up species or blow up their planets.)
[21:16] <@Rhimer|Wells> Yes, Mr. Cordale, the Thux are on my list to add ;)
[21:16] <Cor_Cordale> Let my people go..... on the list.
[21:17] <Dak|Laptop> ...
[21:17] <@Rhimer|Wells> That's entirely up to the CO at the moment in this fleet. You don't have to participate in the JJ-verse if you don't want to, but you can if you do :)
[21:17] <@Rhimer|Wells> This is why PF is better lol
[21:17] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Romulus Lives!!
[21:18] <@Ro|Stannes> All of the Treks are welcome here and even some non-Trek space games.
[21:19] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> How much opposition would I face if one of my missions breaks Talosian isolation?
[21:20] <~AlexM> The official stance on Romulus took a middle ground, that the explosion happened and Romulus was damaged environmentally and economically, but the planet was not destroyed. But COs can handle it however they'd like. The option above is just the one that would be used for story arc development.
[21:20] <~AlexM> That's something that I've wondered about from time to time. It could be interesting to revisit the Talosians.
[21:21] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I want to have them join the Federation. Perfect early warning against Borg collective, and they could repair & administrate Cities of the Mind.
[21:22] <Dak|Laptop> I do have a question about Kumiho's plot, at some point an Admiral cameo might link it better to the Fleet plot. Should I email someone  a log starter or would it be easier to have a char set up on the site?
[21:22] <Dak|Laptop> For the big reassignment and such
[21:22] <~AlexM> That one will probably require a lot more discussion. I doubt that would ever enter Fleet canon.
[21:24] <~AlexM> Either way would probably work. If you wanted to do it over email it would save you from having the extra character on the sim. Feel free to add the brass as NPCs on the manifest for reference. You could always write the post through email and add the admiral NPC to the post as an author.
[21:24] <&Williams> If you want me to do a cameo for the Kumiho plot Dak, let me know. I can work it however you want - either email or set up on your site
[21:24] <Dak|Laptop> I figured the site would be easier with all the emails you probably get
[21:25] <~AlexM> And if he's not available, I could do it as well. I use Admiral cameos a lot, but then it's a bit easier when I'm writing for both characters.
[21:25] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Harby has Recurring Character & Episode Guest Star departments. This allows characters to post and then be deactivated as needed.
[21:26] <&Williams> As a note too (unless someone asks me not to) I'll probably copy any JPs that Gates is involved in onto the forums, just as an extra little way to let everyone know what is going on around the fleet :)
[21:26] <~AlexM> At least as far as I'm concerned, the email would probably be just as easy or easier than the site. I'm going to get emails from the site to let me know when the post has been saved, so it's not really going to make a difference on my inbox.
[21:30] <~AlexM> Alright. The last thing that I had on my agenda for this month was actually next month's meeting. It's normally scheduled for the second Sunday of the month, but next month that Sunday happens to fall on Valentine's Day. I wanted to ask around and see how anyone felt about having the meeting that day. Do people have plans and would prefer to postpone? Or will it not matter as much being on a...
[21:30] <~AlexM> ...Sunday versus a Friday or Saturday?
[21:31] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> pref Sunday
[21:31] <@Ro|Stannes> Matters not to me.
[21:31] <@Rhimer|Wells> It's no skin off my nose either way, personally.
[21:32] <&Williams> I'm going to be working that weekend either way, so it might be hit-and-miss if I can make it to the meeting or not anyway
[21:32] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> I'll be flexible, then.
[21:35] <~AlexM> The meeting will be on Sunday regardless. I was talking about Valentine's Day being on Sunday as opposed to Friday or Saturday.
[21:36] <Cor_Cordale> I'm a simple Thux. Any day works well.
[21:36] <@Rhimer|Wells> Yeah, same here. Anything is fine
[21:39] <~AlexM> Okay. I'll just plan on still having the meeting on the 14th. If something comes up and someone can't make it, it's not a big deal. The PFA folks can let me know, and it's optional for everyone else anyway, so we should be fine. I just wanted to see if anyone had any strong feelings one way or the other.
[21:40] <Treymiar|EmmaDa> Sorry for the short notice, here, but I must drop offline. Dunno when I can make it back, so I'll bid all adieu.
[21:40] * Treymiar|EmmaDa (TreymiarEm@ace-A468E809.dsl.spf2mo.sbcglobal.net) Quit (Quit: http://www.kiwiirc.com/ - A hand crafted IRC client)
[21:40] <~AlexM> I think that's all that I had on the agenda. Is there anything else that anyone wants to talk about? I know Treymiar had a question about the Harbinger, but that's a bit more sim specific anyway.
[21:40] <@Rhimer|Wells> Oh, I have strong feelings. VERY Strong feelings.
[21:40] <~AlexM> And he dropped off so I'll talk to him about it later anyway.
[21:40] <@Rhimer|Wells> But not about that :D
[21:40] <~AlexM> Oh. I meant about that, haha.
[21:41] <~AlexM> Anyway, is there anything else that anyone want's to bring up? Or anything that I needed to bring up but forgot?
[21:42] <@Rhimer|Wells> I'm good to go
[21:43] <@Ro|Stannes> Nope
[21:43] <Cor_Cordale> Nothing ringing in the ole brain
[21:44] * Dak|Laptop is already celebrating another efficient meeting with a Heine :D
[21:44] <~AlexM> In that case I believe we can adjourn. I believe the Kumiho was in charge of refreshments this month.
[21:44] <Dak|Laptop> I mean I had one earlier, this one just has special meaning
[21:45] <Dak|Laptop> The Captain's Beer is in The Captain's Garage and it's snowing
[21:45] <Dak|Laptop> Prerogative suggests help yourself :)
[21:45] <~AlexM> Haha, that's fair. We had our first snow of the year, and I'm already over it.
[21:45] * Dak|Laptop better not call it that around the wife either, she will not be kind with its usage
[21:45] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[21:45] <~AlexM> I had to go clean my car off this morning, and I didn't like it.
[21:46] <Dak|Laptop> No worries here, my car's down for the count. No need to remove snow
[21:46] * Dak|Laptop thinks positive! lol
[21:46] <Dak|Laptop> it hurtssss us
[21:46] * Cor_Cordale only had to deal with rain so far. Waiting for the proverbial axe to fall...
[21:46] <Dak|Laptop> So ICly, what admiral would Nathan report to after Kumiho goes down
[21:46] <~AlexM> I sadly didn't even know it snowed until late last night. I noticed that it was abnormally bright outside in the middle of the night.
[21:47] <Dak|Laptop> and where would we go?
[21:48] * Dak|Laptop is assuming the Vesta class is somewhere going through final finishing after flight trials
[21:49] <~AlexM> It would make sense to limp to SB332, but the fleet staff is based on Cestus III. Admiral Gates would probably make the most sense since he's responsible for fleet operations. I've used Quinn in my posts on 332, but then I play both characters so that makes it easy. But those conversations are about the political stuff going on in the region, which might be something she cares more about...
[21:49] <~AlexM> ...than ship assignments.
[21:49] <~AlexM> It's the Vesta class. Wherever she's coming from, she'll get there in a hurry :)
[21:50] <Dak|Laptop> The crew is very excited about it :)
[21:50] <~AlexM> But Cestus III would still make the most sense. SB332 isn't going to have ships waiting around for assignment. It's more of an outpost for operational ships. Cestus is the fleet headquarters, so they would be equipped for that sort of thing.
[21:50] <Dak|Laptop> That's a further ride isn't it?
[21:51] <&Williams> If the Kumiho is going to be anywhere near the Gorn border, then Cestus III is definitely closer
[21:51] <Cor_Cordale> Potentially, but what is 'Distance' to a starship?
[21:51] <&Williams> http://pegasusfleet.net/images/maps/galacticmap_pfleet_tf11.png
[21:52] <Cor_Cordale> It's a very pretty map, but the 2% snarky question stands :)
[21:52] <&Williams> Ok, kind of depends on where near the Gorn border looking at that :)
[21:52] <~AlexM> Cestus III is also closer to Mars, which is where that Vesta class is most likely being built. But like I said, she's a fast ship. It won't take as long for her to get there as it would a different ship.
[21:53] <Dak|Laptop> We were operating to the southeast of Shokaal, in case the Gorn were to attempt a major flank
[21:53] <Dak|Laptop> But the limping home can go by quickly either way really
[21:54] <&Williams> 332 would be closer then. Gates could always meet you there with the Vesta class? Could do a JP with him over subspace while en-route, and then another when he turns up with your new ship?
[21:54] <Dak|Laptop> hmmm that might do the trick
[21:55] <Dak|Laptop> The Vesta would beat Kumiho to 332 easily once we're damaged
[21:55] <Dak|Laptop> the culprit being an aging science ship not designed for front-line duty
[21:56] <Dak|Laptop> cascading failures and other fun :D
[21:56] <&Williams> sounds like a plan then :) Let me know how you want to do the JPs - either emails or on the site works for me; just depends on how you want to run it :)
[21:57] <Dak|Laptop> hrm
[21:57] <~AlexM> The new Kumiho could leave from Cestus III and get to 332 in no time, so that will probably work well. If you want to include Captain Von in any of those posts, let me know. I'll probably post them to 332 as well, though they might get postponed until after we get out of our current mission. But that's not a big deal.
[21:57] <Dak|Laptop> A site account might make it easier to do future cameos
[21:58] * Dak|Laptop nods
[21:58] <Dak|Laptop> we'll likely spend some R&R time playing with new shiny toy before returning to duty
[21:58] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[21:58] <Dak|Laptop> so it wouldn't be too far ahead of anyone finishing up a plot on 332
[21:59] <&Williams> sounds good. I'll stick a brief app in then so that it's in the system
[22:00] <Dak|Laptop> I'm excited to see one of these big changes completed the right way heh. So often the logging part of it gets skipped
[22:00] <~AlexM> Well, the plot on 332 has us getting surrounded and attacked by a Sojourner fleet. So I think it would just be easier on both of us if those conversations didn't take place during that battle, haha. But we can still write them. I just won't post them to 332 until the next mission.
[22:00] * Dak|Laptop has just woken up on a new ship more than once ;)
[22:00] * Dak|Laptop nods
[22:01] <Dak|Laptop> Best way to have our plot not mess with 332
[22:02] <~AlexM> That's what I figured. Best to just avoid any plot conflicts.
[22:02] <&Williams> Yeah, I've changed ship a couple of times - first time around we had a proper JP with the TFCO I was under at the time to sort out getting the new ship and got used to it at a starbase first, and the second time involved a whole new change of CO character too - had a fair bit of fun getting the crew to go through IC-months of psych evals after the death of their last captain to lead up to that one :P
[22:03] <Dak|Laptop> It's a major event, I always hated when it just got skipped through as a player
[22:03] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[22:03] <&Williams> Well, 'death'. I ended up getting him captured near death and put into cryo by the antagonist of that particular plot so he's open to return if I ever needed him to
[22:03] <&Williams> But as far as his old crew know, he's dead and their ship blew up :)
[22:03] <~AlexM> But as far as the characters know, he's dead
[22:03] <Dak|Laptop> You put a character in a literal freezer for later?
[22:03] * Dak|Laptop tips hat :P
[22:03] <&Williams> Yup!
[22:04] <Dak|Laptop> Han Solo would approve
[22:04] <Dak|Laptop> lol
[22:05] <Dak|Laptop> I do think RPGFix is a good source though, to randomly changed topic. It's how I found PF at first cause the org I was COing in didn't have active advertising
[22:05] * Dak|Laptop was advertising on his own and kept seeing the link
[22:05] <&Williams> He had recently been liberated from an isolated Borg group too, so he still had some of the implants on him, and I have this half-baked idea of if he did come back, he'd of been brain washed by the antagonist of that plot to work against the Federation (the antagonist being a Tal Shiar agent who years ago posed as a Starfleet officer that my character used to be in a relationship with as a junior officer - yay complicated backstories!)
[22:05] <Dak|Laptop> Once I got fed up with the lack of support from Fleet, all politics and fighting over scraps of a declining group, I started here
[22:06] <&Williams> I'll make sure to mention it to Mike. It's always useful to know how people heard of us (which is a new field I added to the app form recently too) since that's the only way we know what works
[22:06] <Dak|Laptop> It's been good for me and I really think good for Kumiho
[22:06] <Cor_Cordale> Did someone say 'Complicated backstories'? :)
[22:06] * Dak|Laptop adores linking all his chars together somehow
[22:06] <&Williams> I'm glad to hear it :) I like to think that PF (especially of late) has a lot less of the annoying political stuff that most fleets end up with
[22:07] <Dak|Laptop> You've never been in UCIP
[22:07] <Dak|Laptop> You don't know politics :P
[22:07] <&Williams> My first CO character had the longest biography I've ever seen. It didn't even start that way; I just added to it and re-wrote it as I went along. It helped that I'd added about 6 years of IC history I'd actually RPed on the sim in there, but still
[22:07] * Dak|Laptop was running for President, found out about people cheating to vote him in, revealed it, lost by a landslide to more popular people who've since done nothing
[22:07] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[22:07] <Dak|Laptop> Promises are easy work :P
[22:08] <Dak|Laptop> The new advertising dept took five months to make four desktop images for the SIMs
[22:08] <&Williams> heh
[22:08] <Dak|Laptop> They were nice, but not 4 months nice lol
[22:08] <Dak|Laptop> It was just a mess... all the infighting
[22:09] <&Williams> See, I think presentation goes a long way (hence the redesign of the fleet site I did a while back), but you can't take four months to do some simple images
[22:09] <Dak|Laptop> People fighting for ranks and titles and then doing nothing once they got them
[22:10] <Dak|Laptop> So few get that it doesn't every just happen because of one person unfortunately
[22:10] <Dak|Laptop> The concept of 'we' gets lost
[22:10] <Dak|Laptop> Regular meetings with Fleet? I'd never heard of that before I joined here
[22:10] <Dak|Laptop> lol
[22:11] <~AlexM> I guess I hadn't heard of it before coming here either, but then I didn't spend a lot of time in other fleets, and never commanded a ship in other fleets.
[22:12] <&Williams> It's actually a concept we borrowed from Horizon Fleet, though I much prefer how they evolved here. There is was very regimented; each admiral went through a pre-prepared list of stuff and then q&a at the end. We started with that here, but we've made it better by making it more casual I think
[22:12] <&Williams> One of the many good things Alex has changed since we tied him down to the PFCO chair :)
[22:13] * Dak|Laptop has been a CO several times, but in the old group went out of his way to avoid Fleet. Was a very hunkered-down, SIM-protective sort
[22:14] <Dak|Laptop> All that mess, I wanted to keep my SIM out of it
[22:14] <Dak|Laptop> Hence I've been pretty well-behaved since joining here heh
[22:14] * Dak|Laptop no longer has the tenure to make a fuss :P
[22:15] <Dak|Laptop> Finding out there's not much to fuss about leaves more time to enjoy the game
[22:15] <Cor_Cordale> I agree
[22:16] <Dak|Laptop> I know I keep saying it every meeting, but where we came from it is very refreshing to see
[22:16] <&Williams> It's one of the main reasons why we do our best to let sims get on with doing their business. I see it as we're here to provide something extra for you to involve yourselves in, if you choose to. If you don't, then that's fine, you can carry on doing your own thing
[22:16] <Dak|Laptop> Maybe it's just so unique to me that I have to keep bringing it up lol
[22:16] <~AlexM> That's a big thing that I've been pushing since I've been PFCO. The Fleet is only as good as it's sims, so we should promote the sims above the Fleet. That's why we try to give so many liberties to the COs to run their sims how they see fit. If everyone ran their sims exactly the same way, the way the Fleet tells them to, then you have a lot less diversity between sims.
[22:17] <Dak|Laptop> That needs to be mentioned in the adverts too, I know I'm not the only player ever to look for that
[22:18] <Dak|Laptop> A lot of groups don't see SIMs as unique lifeforms that you can't just order and such
[22:19] <Dak|Laptop> Ton of players out there that take rank png way too seriously :)
[22:20] <Dak|Laptop> You guys do good work, and after UCIP it takes a lot for me to regularly compliment an Admiral
[22:20] <Dak|Laptop> seriously, lol
[22:20] <Dak|Laptop> After 13 years of despising Adm-holes :D
[22:21] * Dak|Laptop notes he has several more nicknames for admirals
[22:21] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[22:23] <~AlexM> Haha. I thought we had mentioned that in some adverts. At least our previous DPR had mentioned it. I'll have to talk to our current DPR. I haven't been involved with that side of things as much.
[22:24] <Dak|Laptop> It's something to brag about, for those in places like UCIP
[22:24] <Dak|Laptop> Easier to leave when you know there's somewhere to go
[22:27] <~AlexM> True. I don't think I'm that familiar with UCIP. In my defense though, I've been mostly just living in PF for most of my simming life.
[22:28] * Dak|Laptop spent about 13 years there, CO'd for 6 or 7
[22:29] <Dak|Laptop> It used to be good but then the founder passed after a period of decline and it just turned into a bunch of jackals
[22:29] <&Williams> I think you joined us not long after we started, didn't you Alex? Back on the Jackal?
[22:30] <Cor_Cordale> Please forgive, but I had a terribly rough morning and it's trying to catch up with me. Good night everyone.
[22:30] <&Williams> Night Cor
[22:30] <Dak|Laptop> Night
[22:30] <@Ro|Stannes> Night Blue
[22:30] <Cor_Cordale> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24379924/Pictures/Thux%20to%20be%20you.jpg  - For a good chuckle.
[22:31] * Cor_Cordale (~Cor_Corda@ace-FE59392E.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Quit: )
[22:33] <~AlexM> Yeah, I believe the Jackal was my first sim here, and I joined it from the beginning. It actually eventually turned into SB332, so it's been around in some form for pretty much the life of the fleet.
[22:39] <&Williams> Looking in the IFS records, the Jackal first submitted a report in Feb 2010 - so assuming that to be its first month, the sim started about 4 months into the life of PF :) (which started October 10, 2009)
[22:39] <&Williams> We're actually going to be 7 years old later this year :)
[22:45] <~AlexM> I think that's what I had figured too. All of last year we had been celebrating the sim being around for five years. We might have to update our skin again since we're about to hit 6.
[22:49] <Dak|Laptop> Kumiho is almost 1 :P
[22:49] <&Williams> Highlander was originally the Endeavour, which started the same day the fleet did :)
[22:49] <Dak|Laptop> Geeze, we're always going to be the new kids
[22:49] <Dak|Laptop> heh
[22:50] <Dak|Laptop> But that's part of the pain of changing groups I suppose
[22:51] <&Williams> Nah. Me and Alex have just been here long enough that we're starting to fossilise :) Other than us, the Tomcat is the only other sim that is still with us from pre-2015
[22:52] <~AlexM> I was just about to say that. Most of the fleet is pretty young at this point. Other than a couple of old ones that have been here forever, most of the sims in the fleet are new.
[22:53] <~AlexM> That's not a bad thing though. It shows that there are still people out there interested in starting new sims, which is great.
[22:54] <@Rhimer|Wells> lol that's very good
[22:57] <~AlexM> Besides, we need young active sims to keep us on our toes.
[22:57] <@Ro|Stannes> Good night all. Have to go pick up one of the kidlets.
[22:57] <&Williams> I'm still really pleased that we had a new CO last month who is completely new to COing :) not very often that happens now
[22:57] * @Ro|Stannes (~Kitty@ace-27B16306.hsd1.fl.comcast.net) has left #Pegasusfleet
[22:59] <~AlexM> Yeah, that's great to see.
[22:59] <Dak|Laptop> Aw I was going to offer one of mine so she gets off of the Wii
[22:59] * Dak|Laptop snaps fingers
[22:59] * @Rhimer|Wells (~Captain@ace-27B16306.hsd1.fl.comcast.net) has left #Pegasusfleet
[23:21] * Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Jan 10 23:21:08 2016

Return to “Fleet Announcements”