IFS Improvements

A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Williams
Admin
Admin

IFS Improvements

Post by Williams » Mon May 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Everyone, I've been working lately on making some improvements to the IFS. Most of them have been in the background - I've fixed a few bugs in the code around the Academy section, and I've also converted the staff listing page to run from the database, and be modifiable by admins from within IFS (previously it was a pure HTML page held in its entirety in one database entry) - but the page still looks the same as it did before.

There have been a couple of changes though that you may have noticed - for one, I've replaced the built-in IFS news module entirely. It now pulls a feed from the forums (this Fleet Announcements forum and the TF11 Announcements forum, specifically); grabs the latest seven topics and parses them for display on the IFS. It should mean that the news showing on our front site is more up-to-date and relevant than it was previously, as we won't have to duplicate work to add stuff to both the IFS and the forums. As a result, you'll have noticed that if you log in to IFS, the 'submit news' option has disappeared. If there are any announcements you want from your ship to appear on the IFS front page, you're free to start a topic in the TF11 Announcements forum (though be warned that it may get moved to TF11 General Discussion if we don't feel it's an appropriate post to have on the IFS front page).

The other change is one more for the COs, and then only really those COs who have taken up the option of a second command with the niche task group. I've updated the code to now allow for the possibility of a CO having more than one command - previously, where you would of had to have had a separate IFS account for each sim, now the system should just ask you which sim you want to manage when you go to one of the CO menu options.

I'm fairly sure I've gotten all the bugs out of that little upgrade, but if anyone sees anything strange going on with IFS, particularly the CO functions, please let me know (along with any error messages or strange-looking text that appears on the page), and I'll make sure to go in and fix it.

Return to “Fleet Announcements”