New Task Force Commanding Officers Selected!

A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Williams
Admin
Admin

New Task Force Commanding Officers Selected!

Post by Williams » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the PFA have gone over all of the applications that we have had for the TFCO positions, and have voted to approve the successful candidates. They are;

Task Force 11 (Galactic South); Nate, playing Commander Calvin Rhodes, CO of the USS London. TFCO character name: Captain Devinona Ral
Task Force 37 (Delta Quadrant): Taylor, playing Director Allyson Isley, CO of Oberon Base. TFCO character name: Captain Taylor Wood
Task Force 56 (Northern Frontier); Yunalesca, playing Commander Alexis Applewood, CO of the USS Icarus
Division 74 (Niche Task Force); Kitty, playing Air Force Captain Bobbi Jo Wichdt, CO of Stargate Cataclysm

All of the applications we received for the TFCO positions were of very high quality, and it was a tough choice between the candidates. I hope you'll all give them every bit of support in their new roles. In addition, to match their new roles, both Commander Rhodes and Commander Applewood are promoted to Captain (Isley and Wichdt would too, but since they're a civilian and a special concept sim, their existing titles get to stay).

So, what's next? Well, as I've said when we started this process, the new TFCOs will be given a month to prepare for their new roles before the new Task Force officially launch. This will involve me going through what is expected of them, and making sure they are aware of and comfortable with the processes that they'll need to follow, but will also involve them getting to work on developing (or in the case of TF11, looking at moving forward) story arcs for their particular TFs. I'm keen for them all to involve the rest of the fleet in those discussions, so keep an eye on the forums for updates there. Division 74, as a TF that doesn't need its own story arc and is already organised separately into the niche task group (as well as the fact that as a member of the PFA Kitty has been involved in much of the planning for what will be expected of the new TFCOs already) will be spun off into its new identity later today, enabling those COs of niche sims to get the benefit of a dedicated support person a little earlier. I'll be setting up her dedicated email address for the position later tonight, so D74 COs, keep a look out for that later.

There is also the task now of organising the rest of our sims into their respective new Task Forces. Again, I'm keen for you all to have a say in which Task Force your sim is assigned to, and as such I'd like you to all email me your preferences. Please list each of the three task forces in order of preference, as well as reasoning if you really would not like to be in a particular Task Force (an example for SB332 might be; TF11, TF56, TF37; "I don't think my chief engineer would appreciate me telling him to dismantle the entire station to move it to either the other end of the Federation or another quadrant, so I'd very much like to stay in TF11"). The new Task Forces will launch around a month from today (the exact date to be confirmed, but likely to be before next month's monthly meeting), so please get your preferences to me by the 25th of September at the latest, so that we have time to make sure each TF is balanced in time for their launch.

Until the new TFCOs take up their new positions, the Chain of Command for Task Force 11 operates as it has up until now.

Nate
Crewman
Crewman

Re: New Task Force Commanding Officers Selected!

Post by Nate » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 am

Congratultions to the other successful applicants! :)
Captain Dominic Dalgaard
Task Force Commanding Officer, Task Force 56

Captain Catherine Waldorf
Division Leader, Division 74

Captain Etan Kaz
Commanding Officer, Deep Space K-17

King Aethan Velaryon
First Of His Name. King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Six Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm

And many more....

Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Re: New Task Force Commanding Officers Selected!

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 am

Congrats to all that were chosen. Great group of leaders. Now you guys get to fight over who gets the hottest new simm out there aka The Shepherd lol
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Return to “Fleet Announcements”