A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

IRC Network Change!

Post by Emily » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to make a quick announcement letting everyone know we will be switching to a different network host for our IRC chatroom! The new network will be located in #PegasusFleet on irc.astrairc.com on ports 6667 and 6697 (SSL). By the end of this month's meeting, we hope to have everyone migrated over to the new network. If you need any help connecting to the network or getting registered, please let me know by sending me a forum PM or emailing me! We'll keep the old chatroom open for little while to ensure a smooth migration!

The link on our website will be updated shortly, but you can also use this direct widget link to chat with us!

Thompson
Chief of Fleet Operations
Chief of Fleet Operations

Re: IRC Network Change!

Post by Thompson » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:40 pm

Cannot get on at all. Telling me at the mo that there are too many connections from my IP despite not being on for an hour now.

Aaron
Chief of Public Relations

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:42 pm

I had same issue.
Rear Admiral Jesse James
Pegasus Fleet

Lt.CMdr Craig Travis
Chief of Base Security
SB 332
TF11

Emily
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Post by Emily » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Sorry about that! The network was set up by default to only allow 3 connections per IP to prevent spam users. Because the client operates off (I think) the same IP, it was denying the connection. That should be fixed now! Let me know if you experience any more problems!

EDIT: That wasn't it. I had to enable something with the widget in my server's config. Everything should work fine now! Back to 3 connections per IP! :)

Return to “Fleet Announcements”