A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - November 2016

Post by Alex » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:44 am

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. As we get into the last quarter of the year we're starting to roll into the holiday slump where posting rates tend to slow down. But despite that, we've seen several new sims join the fleet, and many sims with higher posting rates than previous months. I'd just like to say great job to all of those COs that have been working hard to bring up the level of activity on their sims.

October was a bit of a quiet month for the PFA. We had a few leaves of absence, especially in the latter half of the month, so there isn't a lot of new business to share this month. Admiral Collins has been without her primary computer for most of the month, and Admiral Gates has been out of town for some family matters. Still, we have a few new sims. Captain Joh Spivak is the commanding officer of our first Star Wars sim, Rogue Moon. Our first Battlestar Galactica sim is commanded by Commander Mitchell Hanson. We also have Commander Melody Brooks, commanding officer of Archytas Station, Commander Tracy Henderson of the USS Hephaistos, and Commander Yoshi Minawara of the USS Vesta. Archytas Station and the Hephaistos have already made a splash in the fleet, earning October's Gold and Silver Sim of the Month Awards. Congratulations, and welcome to all of the new commanding officers and crew!

At last month's meeting we discussed a proposal going through the PFA. The PFA has been considering a change to our JAG process to remove the JAG position. Instead, cases would be reviewed by a tribunal consisting of randomly selected commanding officers. COs with a conflict of interest will be excluded from this random selection process. As this would be considered a responsibility of the CO, participation in reviewing cases would be mandatory. Exceptions will be made if the CO is unable to attend due to prior commitments, but simply not wanting to serve would not be considered a sufficient reason to be excluded. Historically cases in Pegasus Fleet have been very rare, so it is not expected that there will be many cases that will require a tribunal. At this time it is still just a proposal. I've opened a thread on the forums here for further discussion.

As I mentioned last month, Admiral Collins has been working with OnGoing Worlds and Obsidian Fleet to help chair the 2016 FallFest. FallFest is a one-day, online convention that is put our by OnGoing Worlds and a new host each year. This year's FallFest is this Saturday, November 12, and will run from 9:30 am - 8:00 pm EST on Obsidian Fleet's Discord Server. If anyone is interested in the sessions scheduled for the 2016 FallFest, you can go here. If you'd like more information, Admiral Collins has more details on the PF Forums. If you can make it, I encourage everyone to try to attend. It will be a great opportunity for us to meet players in other roleplaying communities, and get the Pegasus Fleet name out there. I know we have one of the best simming communities around, but not everyone else knows that. Let's show them with a strong PF presence this Saturday.

It's going to be a busy weekend since this Sunday, November 13, is also this month's monthly meeting. The meeting will be held in the #meeting channel of the Pegasus Fleet Discord server starting at 8:00 pm UTC/3:00 pm EST. Please note the time change to adjust for daylight saving time. As always, the meeting is open to all current and prospective members of Pegasus Fleet. If anyone knows someone who is interested in the Fleet, feel free to invite them. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, December 11.

As always, Live Long and Prosper
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Terris
Junior Lieutenant
Junior Lieutenant

Re: Monthly Update - November 2016

Post by Terris » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:22 am

There is an Error in this Monthly Report.
AlexM wrote:Commander Tracy Henderson of the USS Hephaistos
^ She is not the Commanding Officer of the Hephaistos. She is the First Officer ;)
“Your job is to keep holding on, even when you think you can’t”--Captain Janeway

Return to “Fleet Announcements”