A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - February 2017

Post by Alex » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:30 am

Hey everyone!

It turns out that February is going to be a month of announcements. The PFA hasn't had a lot of new business for the month, but part of that is because a few of us have been ill this past month. It was a slow month for a number of sims, but other sims had highly productive months. As typical, the winter tends to be slower, but all in all the sims are moving along a decent pace.

To start us off with our gauntlet of announcements, I'd like to welcome our newest commanding officer. You may have already seen him in chat, but please give a warm welcome to Erie'Riov Korak trSeroht, the commanding officer of our first Romulan sim, the Mogai class IRW Rovaran. Welcome, Sub-commander!

Although we are welcoming new members, we unfortunately also must say goodbye to a couple of our fleet staff. Last month Captain Lauren Applewood announced that she was stepping down as the Task Force 56 Commanding Officer. Captain Applewood was one of our original TFCOs when we expanded the fleet last year, and has been an important part of getting the new task forces off the ground. The rest of the fleet commanding officers were contacted regarding the vacancy, and after a thorough review of many great applicants, I am pleased to announce that we have made a selection. Our new TF56 Commanding Officer is Captain Ovik. Although Captain Ovik's primary sim character is that of Joh Spivak, commanding officer of Star Wars Rogue Moon, Captain Ovik is highly qualified for the position, and I feel that he will do great. TF56 can expect to be hearing from him soon.

As you may have seen on the forums, we have been discussing opening up a new task force. A vote was held to decide the location of this new task force. By a narrow margin, the new task force area of operation has been selected to be The Borderlands! This is the region to the "west" of the Federation, in the Alpha Quadrant. It spans from Earth right to the borders that the Federation shares with the Tzenkethi Coalition, the Cardassian Union, and the Talarian Republic. The primary theater of the Dominion War nearly two decades ago, this region of space will provide plenty of story opportunities. This new task force will be known as Task Force 88. During our review of applications for the TF56 position, we have chosen Genix Kivyr Tolos to be our new TF88 Commanding Officer! Congratulations! Our fleet ops staff will be working to move sims into the new task force over the course of the next month, so commanding officers, be on the lookout from emails from Admiral Wells and your TFCOs.

As I mentioned, we must say goodbye to another of our fleet staff. For those that haven't already heard, Admiral Collins, or as most of us know her, Emily, has decided to step down as Chief of Public Relations and as a member of the Pegasus Fleet Admiralty. During her tenure in the position, Emily led us through a revitalization of our fleet staff, overseeing the move from IRC to Discord, a move that I'm sure we're all glad that we made. She's been hard at work revamping the department of personnel and recruitment and making the focus more about community outreach and expanding Pegasus Fleet's presence in the greater simming community. It was her idea for us to get involved with FallFest back in November, and we were able to introduce Pegasus Fleet to many new prospective members. Hers will be a tough act to follow. Thank you for your service to the Fleet, Admiral. You'll be missed around here.

Any time one door closes in Pegasus Fleet, another door opens. With Admiral Collins's resignation, the position of Chief of Public Relations is now open. Anyone in the Fleet is encouraged to apply. Because this position is primary responsible for community building, we need someone who is outgoing and interested in expanding our fleet. Interest in social media and communicating with prospective members is a must! If you are interested in this position, and would like to apply, then contact me to request an application. Applications will be due by Saturday, February 25, so be sure to request your application before then. Good luck to all of the applicants.

Finally, I'd like to announce the winner of the 2016 Sim of the Year. As you may remember from last month, we selected the three finalists based on the Sim of the Month and Post of the Month awards from the previous year. These three candidates, the USS Victory, the USS Antares, and Starbase 332, were consistently top performers throughout all of 2016. To decide the final winner, a poll was created and opened up for the fleet to choose their winner. After a few weeks of voting, I am pleased to announce that our 2016 Pegasus Fleet Sim of the Year is...the USS Antares! Congratulations are in order for Captain Rhimer and his crew! Well done!

This month's monthly meeting will be this Sunday, February 12, at 8:00 pm UTC (3:00 pm EST) in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord server. We'll be discussing these announcements as well as other topics. The meeting is open to all current and prospective members of Pegasus Fleet, so if you know of anyone that has been interested in joining, please invite them to join us. Next month's meeting would have been normally held on March 12, but I've learned this week that I will be out of town for several days that week, including the day of the meeting. Instead of hurrying out monthly reports prior to my leaving, we decided instead to push the meeting out to the next week. So next month's meeting will instead be held on Sunday, March 19.

As always, Live Long and Prosper

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Shepherd
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Guardsman
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Makalu

Post of the Month Award
December's Post of the Month goes to:

"If it looks like a trap and feels like a trap.." by Captain Bobbi Jo Wichdt, Captain Mitch Rapp, 1st Lieutenant Chelsea Corvi, Civilian Alan Wells, and Lieutenant Nicholas McCabe (Stargate: Cataclysm)

For the January Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, March 4, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!

2016 Sim of the Year Award
USS Antares
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”