A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - July 2017

Post by Alex » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:38 am

Hi everyone!

I hope those of us in the US and Canada had a great holiday weekend! And for everyone else, I hope you had a great weekend, even if it wasn't a holiday. It looks like we're not quite done with our Fleet staff shuffling. It's always said to see people go, but it is exciting to wish them luck on new endeavors, and to welcome in new members of the staff.

First of all, Admiral Jesse James, our Chief of Public Relations, has decided to step down from the PFA. He's had some new career opportunities present themselves in the last few months, and I'm excited for him. Aaron has been a big help to me during these last several months, and his efforts on Facebook brought us some new players and commanding officers. It's tough to see him go, but I understand that real life needs to come first. He'll still be staying on a few sims, and I'm sure we'll see him around in chat, so be sure to wish him success in his new job.

We're also losing our longest serving task force commanding officer, Captain Devinona Ral. Many of you may know him better as Nate, who has graced us with his, and his hair's, presence on Discord. Captain Ral has served as the TFCO of Task Force 11 since we reintroduced the current task force structure, and has been instrumental in the success of the reorganization. We thank you for your service to the Fleet, and we hope to see you around chat.

Of course, any time we lose a member of the Fleet staff, there is an opportunity for someone else to step up and take their place. We are now accepting applications for Chief of Public Relations and for TF11 CO. For CPR, we are looking for someone with strong communication skills and a desire to expand and grow Pegasus Fleet. We need someone who is friendly and outgoing, and social media experience is a huge bonus. In addition to running our social media presence and helping with recruitment, the CPR also oversees personnel matters within the Fleet, such as transferring players or finding positions for new applicants. Anyone who is interested can email me at pfco@pegasusfleet.net.

As I mentioned, we are also looking for a new TF11 CO. For this position, we are looking for a CO that is excited about working with other COs in their task force and leading the way with the task force story arc. For TF11, the Gorn and Klingons have been fighting a border war. But outside influences threaten to bring the Federation into the conflict. This person will work closely with the other TFCOs and the Chief of Fleet Operations to communicate messages to their COs, inspire activity, and provide close support for their COs, such as mission advice, disciplinary support, or any other questions that the COs may have. Interested commanding officers can email me at pfco@pegasusfleet.net.

Speaking of task forces, all sims that were a part of Task Force 88 have been transferred to Task Force 56. Captain Genix Tolos, who was previously the TF88CO, will continue to command the combined task force. Both story arcs will continue, so sims working on the TF88 story arc are more than welcome to continue that story. As some of you may have heard, Captain Tolos has been on medical leave, so in the meantime commanding officers in that task force can contact Admiral Gordon at cfops@pegasusfleet.net if you have any questions. Until a new TF11CO is selected, Captain Warrington of Task Force 37 will be supporting TF11. He can be contacted at tf37@pegasusfleet.net.

The July meeting will be held on Sunday, July 9, at 3:00 pm EDT. As always, we'll be in the #meeting channel of the Pegasus Fleet Discord server. All current and prospective members of the fleet are encouraged to attend. The meetings are a great opportunity to hear from the members of the Fleet staff, and to share your ideas. If you know anyone that may be interested in joining Pegasus Fleet, be sure to invite them to join us on Sunday. The next meeting will be held on Sunday, August 13.

As always, Live Long and Prosper

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Victory
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Hephaistos
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Gladiator-A

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
May's Post of the Month goes to:

"Family Ties" by Captain Liarra Von and Lieutenant JG Erin Whitlam (Starbase 332)

For the June Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, July 29, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”