A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - October 2017

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:07 am

Hi everyone!

Another month gone, but it was an exciting one. With September marking the premier of Star Trek Discovery, along with The Orville, Trek fans finally have some new shows. As a reminder for everyone that hasn't already seen it, we do have a new channel on the Fleet Discord Server, #spoilers. Here everyone is free to chat about these two shows, as well as other shows and new movies, without spoiling them for everyone. There may be unmarked spoilers for shows you haven't yet seen, so enter at your own risk. But at least we can keep potential spoilers out of the main chat rooms. The #spoilers channel is open to all members and guests, so even if you're not a member of the Fleet, feel free to join the discussion. On that same note, if someone is on the Fleet Discord, a member of one of our sims, and has not been moved to the Members group on Discord, please let me know.

I know the last few months have been confusing for everyone with all of the staff shuffling. It's been confusing for me as well, but we're working through it. The PFA will be reviewing applications for CFOps in the next week, so stay tuned for that announcement. Once we have our new CFOps, we will be focusing on getting the task forces back where they need to be. We've unfortunately lost two of our TFCOs recently. Captain Colby Drayton, TFCO of Task Force 11, had announced his resignation to the PFA last month. Although he was only TFCO for a short time, I was impressed by Kai's enthusiasm early on. Right out of the gate he was introducing himself to his COs and starting regular dialog with them. But real life reasons sprang up on him, and he was no longer able to keep up with his simming responsibilities.

Captain Genix Tolos, TFCO of Task Force 56, is also no longer with us. As some of you may know, Nox has been in and out of the hospital a lot over the last year. Although he has been in the Fleet for some time, and was well liked by the staff, real life has forced our hand. I wish Nox the best and I hope for a speedy recovery, but in the best interests of the Fleet, we must consider the position open. Hopefully when he is able to return to us, we'll be able to find him a position on the Fleet Staff. But for now, we wish him the best.

With these vacancies, I'm now opening the TFCO positions for Task Force 11 and Task Force 56 for application. Anyone interested should click the button below and fill out the application there. This will be an open application period, and we will be reviewing applications as they come in, so if you are interested, be sure to submit your application early. The ideal TFCO candidate is someone who is good with communication and easily approachable. You'll be the PFA's interface to the COs, so you need to be welcoming and able to address issues and concerns quickly. Active commanding officers are preferred, but previous command experience may also be acceptable. If you have any questions about the form or the position, don't hesitate to contact me at pfco@pegasusfleet.net.

Since we're on the topic of TFCOs, one last thing that I wanted to address was the creation of dedicated task force discussion channels on Discord. Although I have not created them yet, it has still been our intention to create these channels to provide a dedicated venue for story arc discussion. These channels will be open to all members of the fleet. I'll look into creating these channels this weekend, so keep an eye out on Discord for them.

This month's meeting will be held on Sunday, October 8, at 3:00 pm EDT. It will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord server, and will be open to all current and prospective members of the Fleet. Commanding officers, please feel free to encourage your crews to attend. Next month's meeting will be held on Sunday, November 12.

As always, Live Long and Prosper

Task Force Commanding Officer Application Form

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Gladiator-A
Silver Sim of the Month - Starbase 332
Bronze Sim of the Month - USS Vesta

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
August's Post of the Month goes to:

"The whatdjacallit connects to the thingummyjig..." by Lieutenant Debbi Larson, CPO Donald Andrews, and Lt. Commander Kevin, Lord Kilbane of Sanquhar (USS Lantau)

For the September Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, October 28, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”