A place for fleet staff to make announcements

Moderators: Pegasus Fleet Admiralty, Fleet Ops

Alex
Pegasus Fleet CO
Pegasus Fleet CO

Monthly Update - December 2017

Post by Alex » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 am

Hello everyone!

The holidays are upon us, and as always, activity will likely take a hit. But despite that, and despite all the chaos with staff shuffling, I think it's still been a good year for Pegasus Fleet. We still have a lot that we want to do, and we know there are things that can go better, but I'm still proud to see everything that our community has accomplished this year.

Since we had decided a couple of years ago to end the Fleet year in November, we'll be taking a final tally of the sim awards points soon and annoucing the finalists for 2017's Sim of the Year award. So be tuned for that.

I only have a couple of announcements this month, though they're both important. The big one is that over the last month, we have officially filled not only our Chief of Fleet Operations position, but all three of our TFCO positions. Joining Rear Admiral Thompson and Captain Evelynn Haught, our new CFOPs and TF37CO, respectively, we have Captains Richard Wayne and William Hood as TFCOs of TF56 and TF11!

Captain Richard Wayne is a returning member of the team and a familiar face for all of you. Probably better known as Aaron Parry, Captain Wayne has been able to return to simming and commanding a sim, the USS Vahalla. Welcome back, Captain.

Also joining the staff is Captain William Hood. Known by many in chat as S'iraa or as Colonel S'er'in'e on Starbase 332, Captain Hood has joined the Fleet Ops staff with over a decade of experience. He has served in the admiralty of another fleet for many years, and his independent sim, the USS Dreadnaught, has been running continuously for over 14 years with him at the helm! I know he's passionate about helping the fleet grow, and I'm looking forward to working with him to continously improve our community. Welcome to the team, Captain. And congratulations to both of you.

Secondly, I just found out that the annual online simming convention, FallFest, will be held this weekend, Saturday, December 9. This year's FallFest is hosted by Bravo Fleet, and can be accessed from their Discord server. I unfortunately won't be able to attend the whole convention this year due to a prior engagement. But I did attend last year's convention, and found it a very interesting and enjoyable experience. It's a great opportunity to meet and talk with other simmers across our various communities, and there are sure to be some interesting discussions at the various sessions. I encourage everyone to check it out if you are available, even if you can only stay for a session or two. I hope to stop in if I'm available. Let's have a strong Pegasus Fleet presence and show the rest of the simming community how great of a community that we have here!

For more information on this year's FallFest, including a link to the Discord server, see the Bravo Fleet's FallFest page here: http://www.bravofleet.com/fall-fest-vii/

This month's meeting will be this Sunday, December 10, at 3:00 pm EST. It will be held in the #meeting channel of the Fleet Discord Server, and is open to all current and prospective members of the fleet. Everyone is encouraged to attend. Our next meeting will be held on Sunday, January 14.

As always, Live Long and Prosper

------------------------------------------------
Sim of the Month Award
Gold Sim of the Month - USS Vahalla
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Gladiator-A
Silver Sim of the Month - USS Galileo

------------------------------------------------
Post of the Month Award
October's Post of the Month goes to:

"Small Favors" by Lt. Commander Walter Prescott and Lieutenant JG Erin Whitlam (Starbase 332)

For the November Post of the Month, follow the link below, check out the nominated posts by clicking "[READ HERE]" next to each nominee, and vote for your favorite.

Voting will close on Saturday, January 6, so be sure to make your voice heard. Commanding Officers, be sure to remind your crews so that we don't miss anyone.

Cast Your Vote Now!
Fleet Admiral Emily Quinn
Commanding Officer
11th 'Pegasus' Fleet

Fleet Captain Liarra Von
Commanding Officer
Starbase 332

Return to “Fleet Announcements”